Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
are those cooper tires? I just bought a set of coopers check out thisweb site cheapest tire's I found anywhere delivered for 488.00 for a set of 20 inch tires!!!!!treadepot.com I bougt 275/55/20 and total with delivery to my front door was 488.00 tires look great and perform perfect. good luck

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
nice congrats

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Nice! These were on my short list for 305/50/20's (until I found the "almost-new" Toyo's I put on)... Keep us updated with a review, cause if the Toyo's don't do well in the winter, I'll be switching them out.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are those cooper tires? I just bought a set of coopers check out thisweb site cheapest tire's I found anywhere delivered for 488.00 for a set of 20 inch tires!!!!!treadepot.com I bougt 275/55/20 and total with delivery to my front door was 488.00 tires look great and perform perfect. good luck
Cooper Discoverer H/T plus ... $440 locally. Treadepot was $463 delivered.
Your Tundra isn't lowered?:confused:
Yup, but I stuck with the 18" rims. These guys are 10" wide and being only 31 inches tall, I won't lose power either.

I'll try to get them mounted in the next week or so. I'll post a review after driving on them a litle while. We sold Coopers at a tire shop I once worked at and I sought these out because I was familiar with Cooper's quality. Hopefully, they won't disappoint me.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice! These were on my short list for 305/50/20's (until I found the "almost-new" Toyo's I put on)... Keep us updated with a review, cause if the Toyo's don't do well in the winter, I'll be switching them out.
There is ample room between the lugs in the tread, so they should perform very well in the snow. In fact, the lugs are meatier than I expected. I hope they hook to dry pavement well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i agree we sold coopers at a shop i used to work at and they were the best thing going, unless you wanna refinance your truck for a good set of michelins. the last set i bought were nittos, and its the last set ill buy only lasted a year, cooper discoverer at/r next month 275/70/18

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks brotha! you got the 18in stock rims right or is it an aftermarket rims??
Glad that worked for you.
My truck came with 18" 5 spoke steel wheels, but I ended up with Gutz's 18" aluminum take-offs. I found some 5x150mm 1/4" wheel spacers for $20pr, and am considering using them when I mount these. I need to transfer the hokey pressure sensors, but the jerks at Toyota use 2 different angle sensors...looks like mine won't fit the aluminum wheels, and bands are $60/set. :mad:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had walmart dismount my worn out Bridgestones today. I took the aluminum wheels home and mounted the Coopers using the TPMS sensors from the steel wheels. They do work if you turn them around backwards. If I have a flat, I just have to tell the tire jockey to unbolt the sensor and let it drop into the tire before attempting to dismount it. I brought them back to walmart for a lifetime balance. I'll try to get them bolted on the truck later this week.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok. I bolted them on today. Had a vibration in the front at 60mph, so I took a trip to walmart and they rebalanced them. The guy took a lot of time to get them right. He chased weights for quite a while on each one. After he was finished he said he'd like to drive it to make sure the vibration was gone. The Sams Club next door closed a few months ago and they use their parking lot for test drives. He said he'd try to get up to 60-65mph, but couldn't guarantee that he could hit that speed and slow down in time. I went inside and waited. He came back smiling. His first words were, "wow, that thing really runs." He was able to clear 60+mph and slow back down in the length of the Sams club parking lot. No vibration.

However,........I am fighting an intermittent TPMS lamp after resetting the TPMS. :td: It comes on intermittently after 10 minutes or so of "in town" driving. I guess it's time to scour the TPMS threads. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

**EDIT** Well, a search for TPMS lamp yielded a whopping 11 threads with most being in pre2007, tacoma or 4runner forums. I'll connect the scanner at work and see if it allows me to look at TPMS on my 2010. I think our software was recently updated to cover 2009 models. 2010 was not available yet. I've never tried to look at a TPMS system with it. (OTC Genisys) **EDIT**

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think the "buffet warmer" in the back seat should be a great upgrade!! (tires look good too)
lol

Vibration is back. Front and rear. Looks like I might need to find a shop with a road force balancer. They handle very well on both wet and dry pavement. Straight line traction is pretty good considering the obvious traction issues the Tundra has. If it weren't for this blasted tire vibration, I would give them a perfect review.

·
Registered
122 Posts
lol

Vibration is back. Front and rear. Looks like I might need to find a shop with a road force balancer. They handle very well on both wet and dry pavement. Straight line traction is pretty good considering the obvious traction issues the Tundra has. If it weren't for this blasted tire vibration, I would give them a perfect review.
I went through this a while back with Michelin LTX M/S2s...Balanced when installed and had vibration..Took them back to the tire dealer and he balanced them again..He let me watch and they looked perfect..Still a vibration..Took them to a different tire dealer and they did a road force balance...Still a small vibration...7000 miles and they still had the vibration.Had the oil changed at my Toyota dealer last week and told him about the vibration..They rotated and balanced the tires..Absolutely perfect....and each tire has very little weight..Tech said a couple of the tires were off 60 grams( I thought the weights were in ounces) and a couple 40 grams off but all were heavy..

No vibration al all speeds..

·
Registered
407 Posts
A lot of times, tires will have a little spot painted on them that them where the manufacturer wants you to line up the tire with the valve to properly balance the tire.

I am a huge fan of Cooper Tires - great quality, long wearing, and excellent performing. I'm really considering these H/T Plus tires for my truck - though on the fence about whether to try the 305/50-20 on the factory Limited 20x8 wheel...or go 275/60-20...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts