Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a front-end bra for their '05-'07 Tacoma?

If so, what brand and how much did you pay?

Thanks a bunch for any 411.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nah. I figure it's a truck, so screw it. On my wife's Mini, we have a Clearbra. The guy who did the install used 3M film. It's sweet. I had one on my old G35 Coupe that saved me boatloads of gravel dings. I'd never have a nice car without a clearbra.

-- mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Under no circumstances, if you love your truck, should you put a bra on it. I work at a dealership and see some vehicles come through with or that have had bras installed and all you will do is wreck your paint. Go with the 3M product mentioned above as it will not hurt your vehicle:)

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I let the bra on my Supra get water under it and the next day it sat in the sun for a few hours before I had time to remove it. The paint was bleached out really bad and it looked like hell. After about two hours of non-stop rubbing with compound and swearing it looked fine again. Never put that bra back on the car again.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Bras :td:

Like its been already mentioned, they are great if you want to collect up dirt, leaves, etc underneath the bra so you can scratch your paint all to hell.

·
Premium Member
36 Posts
Another vote for the 3M Clearbra. I put the full package on including the headlights, foglights, and the rocker panels. Very nice and 5-year warranty.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
A funny story.

My wife and a co-worker went to an out-of-town a conference for schoolteachers a few years ago. She had a "Bra" on the front of her Subaru which started to come loose on the way home.

She stopped to fix it, and when a trucker called on the CB to ask if "The Little Ladies in the White Four-Wheeler" were OK, her compatriot replied "We're alright. My Bra strap broke and we stopped to fix it."

Every eighteen-wheeler brake light for 10 miles around instantly lit up.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another vote for the 3M Clearbra. I put the full package on including the headlights, foglights, and the rocker panels. Very nice and 5-year warranty.
What did that run you $?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts