Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a camper and am going to buy a electric brake controller. Looking for input on what to buy and installion advice. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Check in with the Towing forum. You'll find a wealth of information on the subject.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Go with the Prodigy. You will find it highly recommended on any trucking or Rv website. Installation only takes 20 minutes or so if you have the towing package.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Most around here go with the Prodigy. I have the P3 version. Whatever you do, stay away from the time-delay controllers...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I like my Prodigy (I think called the 'Intellestop' now). If you have the tow package, be sure to spend the extra $14 on the wiring connector which goes between the controller and the plug behind the kickpanel. Makes it a plug & play installation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recommend: Prodigy brake controller, it works great, easy to install, I have installed it in 4 trucks, (3 tundra's and a dodge) everyone agrees it works great , I use mine once a week on average, close friend in another 04 tundra uses his 4 days a week in his roofing business with no issues!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have the prodigy best brake controller on the market. Easy to install about 20 mins if you have the harness that clips into the plug behind the driverside kick panel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have the prodigy and agree definitely get the wiring harness makes for a clean install and makes life much easier!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts