Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Tundra and I just installed a 2.5 Inch Daystar lift kit with strut extenders and an add a leaf and 285/75/16 tires. I have had nothing but brake issues since installing this kit I am getting a violent shaking in the rear of my truck. I have extensively researched this issue and have landed at the LSV being the culprit. From all the information I have read the AAL is what is causing my issue and relocating the bracket is not going to help me. What can I do to get my brakes functioning properly? Should I trash the AAL and get a block kit? Can I tie the LSV lever to the bed and solve the problem? WHAT CAN I DO?!

·
Registered
328 Posts
The lift kit, properly installed, should not really cause a brake issue like you are having. It is a good idea to move the BPV back closer to the stock location with a BPV Bracket kit. This will help with proper rear brake pressure. Probably your rear brake shoes are way out of adjustment though. Also Re-check the torque on your u-bolts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The lift kit, properly installed, should not really cause a brake issue like you are having. It is a good idea to move the BPV back closer to the stock location with a BPV Bracket kit. This will help with proper rear brake pressure. Probably your rear brake shoes are way out of adjustment though. Also Re-check the torque on your u-bolts.
I have the BPV bracket installed and I just had new brakes done including shoes and drums...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an update... I changed my wheel cylinders and the brakes stopped pulsating. For anyone who runs into this issue be mindful that by all appearances my wheel cylinders appeared to be working fine. I checked them before hand and they were moving freely and weren't bound up or leaking at all. Apparently they weren't working as they should because my brakes, as of right now, are working properly.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Thanks for posting back with your fix!. Hopefully it will help someone else as most of these posts often do. :nod:

·
Registered
770 Posts
I don't think the OP can edit the title, I've tried before and no way to do it (that I know anyway).

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
No... but an admin might be able to assist...............................................

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
can the OP go back and edit his original title to something about wheel cylinders so the search function will catch it?
I don't think the OP can edit the title, I've tried before and no way to do it (that I know anyway).
No... but an admin might be able to assist...............................................
Done - hope the title is accurate and fitting. Let me know if it needs more fine tuning. Excellent suggestion BTW Dino.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Done - hope the title is accurate and fitting. Let me know if it needs more fine tuning. Excellent suggestion BTW Dino.
No problem your awesomeness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts