Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I noticed last night that my driver side tail light was not working. (brake light works when I push the brake but not the light that comes one when you turn the head lights on) So i thought i would swing by Checker and get some bulbs and swap'em out. So i swapped em out with no luck i thought I bought bad bulbs so I took the one from the side that was working and installed it in the driver side, still not working. i took my volt meter and the forst time i tested it I measured 11.9V at the plug so I kept on fiddling with it and sanding the terminals to get good contact and the voltage just kept on dropping eventually it measured 8.9V with 11.8V - 11.9V at the side that was working.

Could anyone tell me what I can check??? This is absolutely mind boggeling!!!!:confused::eek:

I would really appreciate any advice what so ever.

thanks in advance..

:becky:

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
23 views and no comments? Comon guys??? please I need a hand here.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The manual shows bad bulb, bad wiring harness as the only two causes for one taillite to be out. Check your ground first, then all
of the wiring plugs under the bed to the taillite harness. The ground is the most likely. Don't scrape any terminals that aren't directly
involved with the bad taillite. You are taking off the zinc finish and they will corrode faster in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts