Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chas here with AJUSA.com. I personally drive a 2006 Double Cab and have never been totally satisfied with the stock Toyota brakes. Even my lightweight 03 Tacoma would warp rotors after a few trips to the desert.

I have been using Powerslot rotors with Hawk HPS pads and Russel lines. The feeling is excellent. Instant response, great pedal feel and modulation. Smooth operation with very little noise (cold mornings will make any pad squeak).

Your Tundra will be transformed with a set of High Performance pads and rotors. If you tow, Cryo treatment will extend the life of your rotors and warping will not even be an issue.

AJUSA.com has the best price on brake parts online. We will not be beat.

For our Tundrasolution.com friends, we can offer these discounts on our most popular brake brands.

Centric - Powerslot - Stoptech rotors
Save 10% off our web price on any items, free shipping!

BAER

Call for pricing! Rotors, Brake Kits.

Brembo

Call for pricing! Rotors, Brake Kits.

Centric

10% off AJ Web Price. Pads and Rotors. Cryo treatment available!

DBA

10-15% off AJ Web price, Call for details. High quality rotors. Thermal Heat indexer on 4000/5000 series rotors.

EBC

10-25% off AJ Web price, Call for details. Pads and rotors. Call for racing applications.

HAWK

10-15% off AJ Web Price. Performance pads and now Quietslot Rotors!! Call for racing applications.

PowerSlot

10% off Powerslot rotor sets. Cryo treatment available!

PowerStop

10% off Powerstop brake upgrade kits, rotors and pads.

Russell

DOT Brake Line Kits. Call for pricing.

SSBC

5% off AJ Web price on Rotors, Pads, Big Brake Systems

Call me!
800.877.1911 x122
858.452.8900 x122

[email protected] - EMAIL ME!

Come by our shop!
6620 Mira Mesa Blvd
San Diego, CA 92121

·
Registered
269 Posts
Emailed you directly Chas.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you are looking for a nice performance upgrade while still having a long service life, check out this package from Centric/Stoptech

2007 Toyota Tundra

Front Rotors
Pair of Centric OEM-Style Premium Brake Rotors
PN: 120.44156

Rear Rotors:
Pair of Centric OEM-Style Premium Brake Rotors
PN: 120.44157

Front & Rear Pads:
Centric - Posi Quiet Extended Wear Brake Pads
106.13030 and 106.13040

AJ Web Price: $440.20 shipped
TS Members: $396 delivered to you (CA add sales tax)

On a budget? Get the same kit with Centric's standard brake rotors for $289 delivered. Thats four rotors and front & rear brake pads, from Centric, shipped to you for $289.

Looking for maximum performance? Add Stoptech or Russel Stainless lines, and upgrade to a set of HAWK brake pads and Powerslot or Hawk Quietslot rotors.

Towing? Hawk SD pads with Centric / Powerslot Cryogenically treated rotors will be the best combo you've ever used and offer maximum service life.

We have tested it all! Email questions to [email protected]

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just did a set of EBC 3GD series and EBC 7000 Green stuff for a local San Diego TS member with a 2000 Tundy. Parts cost was $269 shipped! Thanks J!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I live in San Diego and I'll be paying you a visit once I get back from Japan in a week. Looking to upgrade my POS rotors/pads on my 2007 tundra, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just want to put in a good word for AJUSA. I called and orderd EBC rotors and pads friday afternoon. Chas and the guys know their stuff and my order was on my doorstep in less than 24 hours!! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I'm in the researching stage for the best setup for my truck's use. I have a 2006 DC and the brakes shake now so I'm thinking I may have a warped rotor. I got the truck used almost 2 years ago and haven't touched the brakes so I'm ready to go ahead and just replace the rotors and pads.

It's my DD and I do a lot of highway driving but being that it's Atlanta, I do a decent amount of stopping for city traffic. I've only towed something twice now since I've gotten the truck so I'm not towing often. The last thing I want to do is get a set, then have the rotors warp and need to get another set soon after but I want to get rid of the shake.

I don't mind spending some money for brakes because of how important they are but I also don't need Ultra High Performance. Recommendations for me?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hawk LTS or HPS and a Centric premium rotor will be a huge improvement over stock without breaking the bank.

For more savings, sub the Hawk pad for a CENTRIC - Posi Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads

·
543 Posts
Chas, i just ordered the Centric rotors and Hawk ceramic pads for my '06. I forgot your extention, but i think they gave me the discounts. I appreciate all the help. I'll let you know how they work out!

Reggie

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Reggie,

Nick had informed me you called. I went and checked out your order, all the parts are correct and you did receive the 10% TS discount. All good! I will have tracking for you ASAP.

Thanks!
Chas

·
543 Posts
Hey Reggie,

Nick had informed me you called. I went and checked out your order, all the parts are correct and you did receive the 10% TS discount. All good! I will have tracking for you ASAP.

Thanks!
Chas
Awesome! Can't wait to recieve my goodies!

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Hawk LTS or HPS and a Centric premium rotor will be a huge improvement over stock without breaking the bank.

For more savings, sub the Hawk pad for a CENTRIC - Posi Quiet Ceramic Brake Pads
Chas, i just ordered the Centric rotors and Hawk ceramic pads for my '06. .....
I don't see CENTRIC rotors as an option when I select a 2006 Tundra.... what am I missing?

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We dont list them on the site under options, you would have to put the part number into the search box at the top of our website.

We have the parts, just dont have the data to list them on our website. Feel free to call, email or PM me for a price quote!

Thanks
Chas

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For a 2007+, I just priced Centric and HAWK for a member.

The rotors are as follows

Front
CEN 120.44156 - Premium Rotor
AJ $90.80 per. $181.60 pair
TS $163 shipped

CEN 121.44156 - Standard Rotor
AJ $65.50 per. $131 pair
TS $118 shipped

Rear
CEN 120.44157 - Premium Rotor
AJ $77 per. $154 pair
TS $138.60 shipped

CEN 121.44157 - Standard Rotor
AJ $43.20 per, $86.40 pair
TS $77.76 shipped

Pads:

Front Hawk LTS
HB589Y.704
AJ: $80.78
TS: $72.70

Rear Hawk LTS
HB590Y.682
AJ: $57.58
TS: $51.82

Buy both sets of pads, save an additional 5%

F+R Hawk LTS, $117.60 shipped.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That was me... Thanks for all your help Chas! I am looking forward to the install next weekend. I'll let you know how it goes...

Now I've got to look up that break-in procedure that was posted here on the forum...

Points to you Chas.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
For a 2007+, I just priced Centric and HAWK for a member.

The rotors are as follows

Front
CEN 120.44156 - Premium Rotor
AJ $90.80 per. $181.60 pair
TS $163 shipped

CEN 121.44156 - Standard Rotor
AJ $65.50 per. $131 pair
TS $118 shipped

Rear
CEN 120.44157 - Premium Rotor
AJ $77 per. $154 pair
TS $138.60 shipped

CEN 121.44157 - Standard Rotor
AJ $43.20 per, $86.40 pair
TS $77.76 shipped

Pads:

Front Hawk LTS
HB589Y.704
AJ: $80.78
TS: $72.70

Rear Hawk LTS
HB590Y.682
AJ: $57.58
TS: $51.82

Buy both sets of pads, save an additional 5%

F+R Hawk LTS, $117.60 shipped.
Nice price. I'll be getting this combo when my brake goes out.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Supposedly I just need new brake pads, my rotors are fine (from a quick visual inspection today, will have a full inspection done next week).

What pads do you recommend for me? I tow a light trailer, mostly highway/ town mileage and have large and heavy wheels and tires. Guessing some sort of performance pad...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts