Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well I apologize, I no longer work there! The email does forward to the entire customer service staff though and they should be on top of it. The rotors came direct from Powerslot to the shop and were brand new, wrapped in plastic rotors. Thats not to say they were perfect from the factory though, sometimes powerslot makes mistakes in QC. Ive sold many many sets to members on this site with no problems as well as using them personally, so it is most likely an isolated issue.

Regardless, AJ should be more then willing to stepup and fix the problem for you. Just call them direct.

Mike and I left the company because of issues like this and started our own shop to better serve our customers. If I can be of any help, please feel free to email [email protected] or call me at 702-979-1577

·
Registered
84 Posts
My centric premium with hawk lts pads warped quickly as well. I've just lived with it for a long time but they are now causing an unsafe vibrating and bouncing. I was pretty disapointed that I spent more money to get a product that warped when the idea behind them was to prevent warping all together.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 03 Tundra TRD in need of a total brake overhaul. I haul a single axel trailor around with either the snowmobile or lawnmorwer, nothing to crazy. What would recomend? I also need to redo the rear drums and shoes, is there a kit from Hawk I can get? If not any recomendations? I live in PE Canada so im not sure if this will be worth while for me or not. Thanks in advance, Justin.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Email sent!

I have always thought the brakes on my 2001 Tundra are ok at the most. Looking to upgrade them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 5.7L Sequoia that we just bought used with 60k miles. Has 22" BMF wheels on it. Stock brakes. I just replaced the pads on all 4 wheels because they were getting thin, and went with the basic pads from Advance Auto Parts for about $100 total for all 4 wheels. Now the front brakes grind/shutter just prior to coming to a complete stop, and the vehicle does not stop nearly as well as it used to. It's my wife's car and she hauls our kids in it, so I want to fix this the right way ASAP. I've read a lot on the web, but I feel you guys on this thread will be my best source for help. What do you recommend? I like to do the work myself, and I can't afford the $2500 TRD option.

Thanks for your help!

-

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi i have the oem rotor's & oem pad's, which we all know they worp. i also bought the EBC dimpled & yellow stuff pad's, which were way better than oem's. But afer several run's at XXXmph, & even letting off the gas & allow it to cruise to XXmph speed limit. than & only than they do not warp. But if i brake at XXXmph after a few run's they worp. so i swap out & get the rotor's cut. & when they are ready, swap again with EBC they warp. i tried metallic, ceramic, semi metallic& whatever compound the ebc yellow stuff pads are made of. so tell me what rotors & pad's are not ever going to warp at triple digets, when you have to brake hard? i'd love to know. if ? can handle this , tell us all. i am sure many of us would love to know. Gorilla

41 - 50 of 50 Posts