Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love this forum and soory this is a little long, but not sure how to explain it any other way.

I have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia that I noticed the following and am not sure if it is normal or not:
When the truck is started, brake pedal depressed and the the truck taken out of park and into N or D, a noise/bang/clank from the ABS Actuator/Motor VSC unit is heard and felt when taking foot off of depressed brake pedal. This only happens one time (the first time the brake pedal is pressed and released after taken out of park), until the truck is shut off and started again. My questions are: 1. Is this noise/bang normal and 2. If not normal, possible causes. I know it is coming from the ABS Motor as I had a second person in the cab performing steps above while I located noise/bang.
The reason I have been looking into noise is my Brake Warning Light (Red light) has been going off more frequently over the past few months and will not go off until the car is restarted. The light comes on everytime the car is moving and the brake pedal is slowly being released. Any thoughts as to what is causing the light to come on? Things performed so far: New brakes, brake fluid topped off and brake booster replaced (ruled out delta s/brake boost sensor).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
: bump????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts