Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, how many miles is everyone getting out of theiir brake pads. I have an 05 dc limited w/ 42k and the fronts are starting to sqeak. Is it time to change? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Have you taken a look at them? That is the most efficient way to determine whether or not you need new pads.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
This in the average mileage range, you should have them checked.
Pad warning tabs tend to squeal as you driving or in a turn and stop when your stopping. Where brake pad squeals tend to happen when stopping.
Low fluid level is also a clue that the pads are down. Just as long as you haven't been adding fluid since it was new.
Mike

·
Registered
568 Posts
52k on my front pads. They could have gone a little longer. They did tend to squeal toward the end, but not from the wear tabs. They were just glazed on the surface.

·
Supportive Supporter
1,141 Posts
:D I have 84K miles on my original brakes.......:D
I never expected them to last this long.......I purchased all the parts to replace them about 2 months ago.........but so far those parts are just sitting in the garage...........waiting....

·
Registered
83 Posts
:D I have 84K miles on my original brakes.......:D
I never expected them to last this long.......I purchased all the parts to replace them about 2 months ago.........but so far those parts are just sitting in the garage...........waiting....
85300 here. Bought the truck w/ 84300 mi and the brakes show no sign of wear, seriously, and they are the original rotors/pads. Of course the truck (I know for a fact) saw 85% highway in the care of the previous owner, so not stop and go/city traffic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
THe front pads were replaced at 70,000 km when it was in for the ball joint recall. The worst one had 3 mm of pad material left. (2004 4WD V8 regular cab)

·
Premium Member
2,495 Posts
You guys must drive like senile women! That's some high mileage for pad life out of a truck like the Tundra. :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Here in Jax traffic flows and my brakes are used like nobody's business. My wheels are covered with brake dust every week especially the front since it does most of the work. I don't expect for my pads to last like they did when I first bought my truck and traffic was slow and easy. It all depends on your driving conditions as to how long they will last. If I can get to 20k on the pads I'll be happy.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I'm at 70 000 km and still working fine! I have never had brakes last this long ! I have never had a truck go this many km without warping the front rotors either ! I drive hard. Toyota has a great system here!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I changed my front brakes on my 05 ac @ 70,000 miles. I still had some milage left on them. Lots and Lots of highway miles!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts