Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a Prodigy controller on my 05 Double Cab this Saturday. It has no towing package, so I'll need to do it from scratch. My question concerns the color of the wire coming from the brake pedal that activates the brake lights. Anybody know what color wire I'm looking for?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Black.

To access the correct wire coming from the brake pedal switch requires the removal of the lower dash and the A/C ducting that services the driver side vents. This was a fairly simple deal requiring taking out a few screws. The wire needed comes from the brake pedal switch itself, just before it disappears into a connector. After the connector the wires go into a cover and are inaccessible. There are 4 wires coming to / going from the switch. 2 blue and 2 black, so you'll need a test light to determine which one is hot constantly and which one is activated when the brake pedal is pressed. There is just barely enough wire to handle a standard blue 3M wire tap. The Prodigy controller is perfect fit and color match for the cubby-hole under the ignition key.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts