Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just turned 35K on my HH and now that it's cooler could run with the windows down. Noticed a metal to metal rubbing from the right rear that I could load and unload by loading the RR wheel.

I jacked it up and confirmed it was coming from the right rear and it appears to be brake related. Won't know because you have to make an appointment with the dealer just to have them take a look at it. Soooo not till next week can I get there.

Anyone else have brake related problems or wear issues. With the HH I would have expected the brakes to go 80-100K, like they are on most to the Prius's, because of the Regen system :mad:

·
Lifer - Moving Forward --->
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Brakes bad at 35K?? Update

The dealer called, after a note I sent to the service manager, and they were able to look at it yesterday it was confirmed the rear pads were worn out, looks like the pins were froze on the calipers, checking the fronts they were down to less then 3 MM which is about the time to think about replacing them as well. :sad:

One good thing was 'some' of the repair will be under warranty because it's under 36K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts