Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brakes - Rotor thickness?

I've got my wheels off to put on the summer wheels, replace my steering rack bushings, oil change, and other checks. Looks like I need new front pads, I am not sure what the minimum rotor thickness is tho. My Seq is a 2002 but I had the brake TSB done and it has the newer calipers, lines, bearings and dust sheilds etc. I know my front pads need to be replaced, my rears should probably be done too. I couldn't find any markings on the front rotors for maximum thickness, the rears say 16MM Min right on them. Maybe I should get my parking brake working too! Here's my measurements for rotor thickness and material left on the pads;

FRONT LEFT:
ROTOR: 25.98MM
INSIDE PAD 2.57MM
OUTSIDE PAD 2.90MM

FRONT RIGHT:
ROTOR: 26.10MM
INSIDE PAD 2.83MM
OUTSIDE PAD 2.85MM

REAR LEFT:
ROTOR: 16.80MM
INSIDE PAD: 4.25MM
OUTSIDE PAD: >4.5MM

REAR RIGHT:
ROTOR: 17.20MM
INSIDE PAD: 4.40MM
OUTSIDE PAD: >4.5MM

If anyone knows - What's the minimum front rotor thickness and what is the thickness of the material on new pads? I want an upgrade in pads too, I run 285/70R17 tires and tow a trailer in the summer. I also live on the side of a mountain, so lots o hills. Suggestions for pads welcome, warnings of excessive dust and noisy ones also welcome! :cool:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I figured it out, 26 mm for the front, looks like I need new pads and rotors all around. Where you guys looking online for good prices on pads and rotors? I was thinking maybe slotted of some type and probably Hawk LTS in the front, HPS in the rear.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Talkin' to yourself nem? :laughing3d:

26MM for front rotor is what I found. I could not find a minimum spec for the rear.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya looks like I have been lately....sucks all my rotors are pretty much at limit for turning, looks like I'll probably order up some EBC ultimax rotors and greenstuff pads, 7000 on the front, 6000 on the rear I think.

Did you ever do the transfer case mod? My Seq is off the road at the moment in my garage on jackstands. Among other maintenance stuff I am going to look into the transfer case mod.

·
Registered
90 Posts
REAR ROTOR

Standard thickness 18.00mm / .0709in
Minimum thickness 16.00mm / .0611in

FRONT ROTOR

Standard thickness 28.00mm / 1.102in
Minimum thickness 26.00mm / 1.024in

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I was wondering what they started out at for thickness. I ordered EBC Ultimax USR rotors all around, Greenstuff 7000 for the front, Greenstuff 6000 for the rear from partstrain.com did a search for coupons used coupon code "ONTRACK" (good till 14th) and got 10% ($53) off as well shipping was $0.99, total was $480 shipped.

EBC :uk:

Hope I bought the right "STUFF" :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts