Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I ordered Brembo (Blank) rotors and Hawk pads for my 01 Tacoma. It was $147.00 total and I should have them in 4 days or less.
Hope this helps with my rotor warping problem.I do allot of mountain driving and crossing allot of creeks and rivers full of cold water and the standard rotors and pads just don't last.
Talked to my mechanic and he was really glad that I got the Brembos and Hawk pads. He said that was the best combo he has ever seen when it comes to good brakes for a Tacoma in our mountain road area. Mike

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I spent a lot of money trying to solve the "shimmy"/brake wrappage problem on my '01 Sequoia. Several sets of new pads (ended up with the Hawk HPS), new Brembo rotors, numerous wheel alignments (several different shops), road-force balanced the tires, etc, etc, etc...

I couldn't take it anymore, so pony'd up and bought a set of new tires even though the tires on the vehicle still had about 1/2 their original tread left (tires were Continental's with about 35K miles). After much research, I ended up buying the Michelin Cross Terrains (which made a big dent in my wallet for sure!!).

I noticed a difference right away. But the real test was the 500mile ski trip last week to CO. And all I can say is a huge THUMBS UP!! :tu: on these tires. The Sequoia now drives/handles like brand new and is a pleasure to drive once again.... and I feel so DUMB for throwing all that money down the drain on all those things that didn't solve the real problem (Crappy tires!!!).

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another thing that will make a difference is to have the tires dynamical balanced (weights on both sides) It will make a big difference on how your tires run down the road.
My problem with mine was warped rotors, been there before. I had the new rotors and pads put on today and it's like driving a new vehicle, Love it! Now we will see just how long they last in these mountains. Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts