Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted here in a loooooong while since the new job and baby started taking my free time off my hands. Here goes....

Today I was driving home from work and heard some metal rubbing in the front right of the truck and it was driving weird. When I got home I looked underneath at the suspension and at first glance everything looked okay. I checked again a little more in depth and noticed that my front right coliover had totally snapped on the bottom. They are Camburg Suspension Coilovers on a 2002 Toyota Tundra, installed in early 2005. Anyone have a plan of attack on this? Doesn't seem like the product would still be under any kind of warranty, but there has been absolutely no hard driving on these things. I believe it gave way today while my truck was parked at work, there were no issues at all on the way to work.

Thanks!

Link to Pictures

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a similar problem with Sway Away.

From the pictures, it looks like they broke at the same place (first coil from the bottom)

See the thread...

Stay Away

My springs were made by Eibach. I wonder if Camburg used the same spring.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
An awful lot of people recommend Eibach...they're good quality coils, but maybe a bad batch got through. I've beat the hell out of three different sets of Eibach coils in the last decade, and I'd buy them again. If they're Eibachs, it'll say it on the side of the coil...call Eibach, let them know what you have, and I suspect as long as you weren't out beating on the springs with a hammer, they should honor the warranty.

What's the number say, on the side of the coil? Is this a 2" body, with that same 650x13 spring as Simpson's? The body of the shock looks fine, just needs the coil replaced, and personally I'd replace both of them at the same time.

-Sean

·
Registered
429 Posts
Would be a good opportunity to switch to 14" springs if no warranty is honored. King sells em for ~$90 a piece. Good luck, let us know what turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts