Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a broken drivers side door handle on my 2002 Tundra. This is the handle you use to pull the door closed, not the one to open the door. The side to the from of the truck pulled out. Is replacing it a DIY project? Is there a way to fix it. I've removed the two torx screws but I can't seem to get the handle out to look at it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
739 Posts
rdparker here is a pdf of intsructions for removing door panel think this is what you need :becky:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, that's not it. I just want to remove the handle that you use to pull the door shut and can be used as an arm rest. I don't want to remove the whole door panel if I can avoid it. These instructions don't show the handle I want to remove. Thanks anyway.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After looking at the instructions for removing the door panel, I believe that what I need to remove is called the door assist grip. All it says in the instructions is to remove the two screws and remove the door assist grip. But it's not that easy. I can't get mine out. I don't want to break anything so I need to know if it should just pop out or if I need to do something else to get it out.

·
Registered
739 Posts
:sorry: i could'nt help you out, im sure someone will chime in. just keep checking thread :becky:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Cant say for sure on Tundra but I know Corolla door skin is 1 piece from supplier. The assist grip is part of it. If I am understanding you correctly, you have only tried to remove the assist grip and not the skin. Take the whole door skin off and look at it from the back side. It may be bolted to the skin from the inside but I doubt you can remove the handle without taking the skin off first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts