Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm in need of assistance again. I accidentally broke the mirror on the driver's side by cracking the glass, warping the plastic shell part (the chrome part on the Limited edition) and the manual folding part of the mirror. Any idea how much this will cost including installation? I'm pretty sure I screwed up the power mirror motor as well. Thanks for your time. Cheers.

Edit: Is it simply plug and play?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ebay or our classifieds section. usually can find some there. if not, and you ahve to go to the dealer ive seen posts of 600 to almost 800 for the mirror alone if its the limited one with power fold etc.....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Amazon.com: 2007-2009 Toyota Tundra (SR5) Mirror, Manual, Non-Heated - Driver Side (Left) (2007 2008 2009 07 08 09): Automotive

Would this work? To remove the mirror, you have to remove the panels right? Seems like an awful lot of work.

I have a SR5 DC.
well....it will bolt right up yes. but you do realize that one is not powered, its manual adjustment only, doesnt have the heated glass or anything that your limited mirror has...and its black and not chrome...differrent mirror all together. now if u just want it to bolt up then yeah, it'll work. if you want it to work properly then you will have to get one that is the proper mirror.

and technicaly you do not have to remove the door panel. alot of people have had luck getting to that bottom nut by pulling the panel out enough. personally when i swapped to my tow mirrors i removed the panels. takes all of 4 minutes to do. piece of cake. nothing about the mirror replacement is "an awful lot of work". actually its probally one of the easiset repairs one can do. now just find the correct mirror and you are good to go.

now if u want something close then u can do an aftermarket one like this

08 Toyota Tundra Mirror POWER HEATED SIGNAL Chrme/Blk L : eBay Motors (item 350345021801 end time Apr-26-10 08:28:01 PDT)

its got the turn signal and chrome cap and heated glass and power adjustment but i doubt its power folding if you have that option and theres no puddle light under it and wont work with memory seats if you have that....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
oh sorry i misunderstood and thought when u said chrome on the limited edition ones that you were referring to what you had. my bad.

just remember the one you posted is a manual mirror with no power motor inside at all so you would be moving the glass by hand and not the switch inside.

there are three nuts i think...pretty sure there are three. just take off the sail panel and see. now there is one clip type thing that does hold it pretty tight, just make sure you have the bolts off and mirror unplugged and a little tug will let it come loose...after it comes loose you can see the little pin/clip thing that held on so tightly. i think its an assembly thing...they can set them in place and click them in with that little thing then set the nuts and tighten...my guess anyway. but you should be able to replace it in 2 minutes if u dont have to take the door panel off to fetch a nut you dropped down there. that bottom one is the booger to put back on too so just be careful and hold onto it with a magnet so it wont drop inside the door. good luck! and stop smackin the mirrors into things haha

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
that one should work. the sail panel is the plastic piece that looks like, well, a sail. it snaps on over the triangular portion where the mirror bolts up to. its the triangle that covers the studs and nuts and plug.

here is one on a truck with tweeters but its the same triangular piece on your truck...just w/o the tweeter speaker in it. .

this pic is of the sail panel removed and the door panel removed. u can see the bolts. now see the green round thing right above the plug? thats the stupid barbed clip thing that wants to hold on after you remove the nuts...just pull harder and it'll come free. of course this is the drivers side and the others are pass side but u get the idea...it was just a quick search to find the pics for you...

here's another pic but of the door panel still in place...see the lower nuts are covered...so thats whats hard to get at w/o dropping them inside the door....but also u can see the green round barbed clip thing above the plug in this pic too, remember it just "Wants" to hold on...you have to be the boss and tell it to let go....

oh and for when u do drop that nut inside and have to remove the door panel,

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/130210-diy-removing-the-door-panel/

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
that one should work. the sail panel is the plastic piece that looks like, well, a sail. it snaps on over the triangular portion where the mirror bolts up to. its the triangle that covers the studs and nuts and plug.

here is one on a truck with tweeters but its the same triangular piece on your truck...just w/o the tweeter speaker in it. .

this pic is of the sail panel removed and the door panel removed. u can see the bolts. now see the green round thing right above the plug? thats the stupid barbed clip thing that wants to hold on after you remove the nuts...just pull harder and it'll come free. of course this is the drivers side and the others are pass side but u get the idea...it was just a quick search to find the pics for you...

here's another pic but of the door panel still in place...see the lower nuts are covered...so thats whats hard to get at w/o dropping them inside the door....but also u can see the green round barbed clip thing above the plug in this pic too, remember it just "Wants" to hold on...you have to be the boss and tell it to let go....

oh and for when u do drop that nut inside and have to remove the door panel,

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/130210-diy-removing-the-door-panel/
Holy cr*p Barney, you didn't say use the search function once.:lol:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Holy cr*p Barney, you didn't say use the search function once.:lol:
WTF is wrong with me??

use the friggin search function. :)

there. that makes me feel better. hehe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I've tried searching but it yielded no pictures so I gave up after the third page.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
sometimes if you just google search the topic it will pull up more results anyway and usually pulls up tundrasolutions threads...so sometimes google works better than our own search function..just for future reference. thats actually where i got those pics was googling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I've called an local autoshop as well as two dealers near by. The autoshop quoted me for about $240-300 including labor and part depending if I wanted the entire door panel to be removed. I called Downtown Toyota and they said it was $140/hr for labor but Berkeley Toyota gave me a price of $65/hr. Wow, Downtown is a crook who also refused to fix my serpentine belt issue.

Thank you for your time and effort Mr. Fife.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts