Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any one had problems with end links for rear Helwig sway bars. I installed it about a year ago on my 2003 Tundra and it was ok for about 8 months. For the last 3 months I broke 3 endlinks, two on the driver side and one on the passenger side. Last time it broke I had the mechanic loosen all bolts to make sure the bar did not shift and it sits flat, it still broke. Now I took the entire thing out, did not see any marks on the rear axle that would indicate a shift. I had the u-bolts double "nutted" everything seemed to be ok and tight. Helwig did send me one set replacement links of no charge. The set they sent was a little heavier than the original but it still broke.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called up Helwig to order a set of end links, they took my mailing information and said no charge, even when I told them they already sent me a set. Great customer support, however makes me wonder how come they would do that if I am the only one with this problem. :eek: :tu:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Called up Helwig to order a set of end links, they took my mailing information and said no charge, even when I told them they already sent me a set. Great customer support, however makes me wonder how come they would do that if I am the only one with this problem. :eek: :tu:
I've never had this problem but their customer service is great! I just got some new end links, bushings, j hooks and the bolts needed. I was stupid and striped one of my j hooks and they sent everything for free!! I just said that the bushings looked beat and the end links were really rusted.

I love Hellwig service!! :tu:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts