Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Sounds like the shifter wasnt aligned when being installed and its out slightly. Thats a common problem with console shifters but I have never done a column shifter so just guessing on that. Is there some way you were supposed to have the tranny in neutral and the shifter also in neutral when you installed it?

Either way read through this thread and see if it helps you figure out what went wrong. If you still cant figure it out ask your question in the thread below. Better odds that one of those guys will see your question in this thread and respond.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Like I said, it might not matter with a column shifter type, I just know that with many newer console shifter types, the shifter and the tranny must be in neutral before reattaching the cable for proper alignment or you get the condition you mentioned. I briefly read through the link I gave you but didnt see anything about that part.
That other thread is pretty comprehensive so maybe post your fix there when you get it. It might not help you but you could end up helping someone else out in the future and thats what sites like this are for. Good luck and hope you figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.