Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any broken window latches from an access cab they could send me? I have access to a cnc machine until june and would like to make a set out of aluminum to replace my broken ones.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I am going to be removing one from my 2000 AC and would send it to you if it is not totally ruined in the removal process. Scott

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just need one to measure so that I can create a 3D model of it in solidworks, export it to mastercam, which is then used to control a machine that makes the part.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I will post tomorrow if it's a success or not and send it out to you, PM with the address you want it sent to. Scott

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Maybe you could make me one. My passenger side broke, and driver side is still hanging on. I know they are crap and people done them from piece or aluminum with some hand tools but i really got no time for that right now. If you need a sample piece let me know. Maybe you'll make me one :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll see- it's a BOCES owned machine, I don't think my teacher would appreciated it being used for mass production haha.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
He wouldn't know if you not gonna tell him. Make couple for testing purposes :) Make some with and without the hole drilled at the ends. We'll drill the holes our selfs :) and you get coupon for beer :)

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't mind making some. I just don't want to have to make them for the entire forum.

Oh, and that coupon better not expire for a good three years, 'cause that's how long it's gonna take for me to be able to use it.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know, I would like to make them myself since I have the tools. Plus, it's much more cost effective.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I just went out and popped one off, and can put it in the mail tomorrow for you, it is broken but enough of it is there to work from I would say, the hole spacing is there just one end loop is one half gone. PM address if you want it. Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts