Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Driver of 2 Tundra trucks
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
The BAMuffler exhaust combined with the DAP tune and some premium fuel has made this truck quite the performer, it's about to hit 290,000 miles and it just loves to rev & run.

I removed the negative connection to the battery for 90 minutes to re-flash the computer so it could re-learn the improved exhaust flow.

·
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Lowering the rear involved the suspension, but it doesn't actually lower the suspension... the rear axle is the same distance above the road as it was when it left the factory. I didn't make any changes to the the front except replace the coils with fresh factory coils, it sits at factory height.

From a visual perspective, this mod eliminates the jacked up rear end / empty vintage moonshine runner look associated with RCSB Tundra trucks.

·
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I have owned this old truck for just over 2 years, and I have enjoyed the entire process of making it mine. Looking toward the future... I am considering installing the smallest diameter ARH direct connect headers with cats and the Auburn Pro LSD. And as much as I like the TOYO tires, I am kicking around the idea of replacing them with Michelin performance tires that are slightly taller than stock. Michelin tires just ride better. Other than that, I will continue to clean up the vehicles interior & exterior appearance while racking up more miles.

·
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
2020 began with 290,439 miles on the odometer.

My future plans and ideas for this truck.

Appearance:
I plan to have a Super White bumper & grille up front at some point. Other than that I will continue to clean the exterior, touching up rock chips & scratches as I go, and I will probably have the PDR guy go over the body again.

Tires:
New 32" Michelin 255/70R18 LTX M/S to replace the current set of used Michelins on the white wheels. I will continue to run the 31" TOYO's on bright alloys during the hot summer months.

Performance:
I am thinking about installing ARH Direct Connect long tube headers exiting the current BAMuffer cat-back and single tail pipe. I have put the Auburn LSD on the back burner.

This is how it looks right now.

·
6,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
As mentioned earlier, I had to remove 24" of tailpipe and it appears this reduction in tailpipe length makes the resonator pictured below incompatible - it has been removed.

I said the resonator was incompatible with the shortened tail pipe, but that's not true.

Truth is, I did a shitty job of installing the cat-back. While I was installing the blocking plate that Keith sent me, I inspected my installation... the bolts on both ends of the cat-back weren't as tight as I thought they were and this caused leaks. I corrected my mistakes that day and drove with the blocking plate for a couple months, it sounded great but it was a little loud, and there was some drone at different RPMs. I have Neuropathy in both arms & hands, and this condition makes wrenching difficult. I can't always feel if I have tightened a bolt / screw enough, and I have over tightened to the point of breakage... it's easier for me to go back and tighten up what's loose.

Long story getting longer, today I crawled back under the truck and re-installed the helmholtz resonator that came with my @dirtydeeds cat-back. The difference is night and day, the system is much more civilized, it's quieter and there is no drone - none. Sadly, the exhaust burble is virtually undetectable now, and I will miss that sound.

Bottom line, I am even more pleased with my BAMuffler

41 - 47 of 47 Posts