Toyota Tundra Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
Found a pretty good spot attached to the bottom of the tailgate. Nice and hidden.

Also, adjusted the screen a little so that it faces me in my normal sitting position by adding washers to the screen mount plates and using that foam sticky stuff to fill in the small gap.

Attachments

· Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
well sh!t. now im gonna have to move my camera. that looks great there.

im not gonna shim my screen out though, the uneven gap would bug me too much. but yes, its not at the right angle, guess thats why they went to the flip down one... but i got used to it so its a non issue now.

but the camera, no interference etc i assume when opening/closing the tailgate? one of those things "why didnt i think of that" haha

· Registered
160 Posts
LOL

Yep, clears the tailgate when opening/closing. I just got it on there today, so no issues so far. I did a few "dry" runs with double back duct tape to get a decent position for the camera and view.

· Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
now the screen picture is of the camera in its current location right? im really gonna do this but its raining today. but i will do this probally tomorrow or something....my main deal is being able to see the hitch...and this gets it up just a smidge higher than where i have it right now so i'll actually be looking slightly down at it vs straight on....so i think it would be perfect.

· Registered
160 Posts
Here's a shot with a 10" drop hitch and ball mount.

Attachments

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.