Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recomend a good bug/rock shield/deflector for the hood of my 2002 Seq??? Let me know the type of install too (drill, snap, etc.). There are too many paint chips and bug fossils on the front of my hood!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
There is lots of debate about this subject, just do a search on this board. I use X-Pel that I bought from www.autoclearguard.com , and I think it's great. Some people here favor the "bolt on" type of guard, but I prefer the stealthier look of the clear protection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I installed a deflector that was purchased from my local dealer. The deflector is labeled Form Fit and is true to its name. It mounts in between the grill and hood using the hardware already in place connecting the grill to the hood. There are also 2 clips fastening the outer edges to the hood. The installation was very clean and simple and the deflector has kept the hood and front windshield free of any bug or rock damage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The X-Pel looks great in the photos I have seen. Has anyone applied it by themselves? And has anyone decided to take it off after a time and verified that there was no paint damage as advertised?

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have a clear LUND painted on the under side painted to match. It almost looks like it's not there

·
Registered
147 Posts
I applied the small pieces myself, then went for the mirrors. Oops! I'm apparently not very good at the "stretching" part. I let a pro do the rest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts