Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking for a bug shield for my 2006 tundra double cab .i have heard about some causing damage to hood and grill.can someone give me suggestion, and /or part numbers for new bug shield :ts:

·
Registered
374 Posts
i went with weathertech. awsome quality and easy to install. also got the window insert type deflectors. kept a clean look.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Do you guys know if these bug deflectors interfere with airflow into a moonroof?

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I used the LUND easy install and no contact with the hood.

·
Registered
573 Posts
ditto above, go with Lund or Weathertech, the Toyota one is HORRIBLE because it comes with metal clips, set with a machine screw that you have to tighten directly to the under side of the hood, and the screw and clips tear up the paint, VERY bad design there.....

·
Registered
133 Posts
I put an AVS on my truck. When I got out on the road at 70 mph, It sounded like someone was hitting the drivers side windshield post with a hammer. Very loud banging. I could heard it over the radio. I brought it in to the dealership thinking it was another problem and for them to check it out. They took off the bugshield and I had no more noise.:eek: They said that the shape of the bugshield caused wind to twist around and go under the chrome strip on the post which was causeing the knocking.

·
veteran member
1,757 Posts
I put an AVS on my truck. When I got out on the road at 70 mph, It sounded like someone was hitting the drivers side windshield post with a hammer. Very loud banging. I could heard it over the radio. I brought it in to the dealership thinking it was another problem and for them to check it out. They took off the bugshield and I had no more noise.:eek: They said that the shape of the bugshield caused wind to twist around and go under the chrome strip on the post which was causeing the knocking.
I haven't had that problem with mine

·
Registered
6 Posts
tundra 07 TPM for steel and aluminum wheel

Hello guys,
I currently have steel rim wheels on my 07 tundra long bed. I bought a set of OEM aluminum rim wheels from ebay and they are shipping me. I wonder if I can have toyota dealer to swap TPMs on my steel rim wheels and put in the new aluminum rim wheels? is the TPM on steel rims the same as aluminum rims? Please help.

I am still looking for wheel lugs of aluminum wheels. I wonder if the lugs are the same as for any other OEM aluminum rim. The dealer lugs are expensive.

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Re: tundra 07 TPM for steel and aluminum wheel

Hello guys,
I currently have steel rim wheels on my 07 tundra long bed. I bought a set of OEM aluminum rim wheels from ebay and they are shipping me. I wonder if I can have toyota dealer to swap TPMs on my steel rim wheels and put in the new aluminum rim wheels? is the TPM on steel rims the same as aluminum rims? Please help.

I am still looking for wheel lugs of aluminum wheels. I wonder if the lugs are the same as for any other OEM aluminum rim. The dealer lugs are expensive.

Thanks
For a moment there, I thought I'd skipped to another thread. I'm guessing you were looking at a different thread :eek: when you posted this (it happens :eek: ). A thread on your topic (wheels, TPMS, and lug nuts) might be a better place to ask :) than this thread about bug shields, even if you have to start a new thread.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I got the avs chrome bug shield (which is lund) on mine as well as the tape on window visors. I had the weathertech vent visors first and they cracked in the channels so I went with a tape on design. Anyway pep boys had the avs for $49.99 with a $10 mir so how could I say no. I have pics of the bug shield in my gallery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts