Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, gang. I built two trucks for two IDIOTS who changed their mind and bought things off the lot elsewhere (arrrrgggghhhhh) so I have two CrewMax trucks coming that are unusual, but great and different nonetheless.

One's a 4x4 Crewmax SR5 5.7 liter 4WD, black with black cloth, and with
included options:

[BU] Cloth Bucket Seats w/8-Way Power Adjustable Driver''s Side / 4-way Adjustable Passenger''s Side, Adjustable Headrests, Tilt/Telescoping Steering Wheel, Floor Shift Lever, Center Console Box with Laptop and File Storage, Trip Computer (Curr MPG/Avg MPG/ Range/Temp Gauge)
[CF] Carpeted Floor Mats with Door Sill Protector
[CK] Cold Kit: Heavy Duty Battery, Heavy Duty Starter, Heavy Duty Anti-Corrosion Protection, Windshield Wiper De-icer w/Timer
[DS] Deck Rail system with 4 adjustable tie-down cleats
[EJ] JBL audio system upgrade with: 6-disc CD changer, 10 speakers with subwoofer, 8 channel 440W amplifier, Bluetooth capability, steering wheel audio controls, auxiliary audio jack.
[EY] Rear Seat Entertainment System with rear audio system, dual wireless headphones, wireless remote and 115V outlet.
[MG] Front and Rear Mudguards
[OF] TRD Offroad Package: Offroad-tuned Suspension, Bilstein Shocks, Unique 18" Alloy Wheels w/ P275/65R18 BF Goodrich Tires, Fog Lamps, Engine and Fuel Tank Skidplates, Front Tow Hook, TRD Offroad Package Graphics
[PN] Anti-Theft Alarm system
[RB] Brushed stainless steel stepboards
[RL] Daytime Running Lamps
[TM-CM] Tow Mirrors: Manually Extendable, Power Adjustable, Heated, with Turn Signals (In Limited model Crew Max, replaces Standard Equipment Mirror, but deletes Power Tilt / Telescoping Steering Wheel (you still get a manual adjust tilt, telescopic wheel) & deletes Seat / Outside Mirror/ Steering Wheel Memory in Limited models)

MSRP sticker is $40,610. Truck will be here at the end of May, right around the 28th. TS members, it's $37,436 to you. That's thru me (Dianne) and only me. These are not "ads" -- there are no vin#'s or stock #'s posted. You need to reach me for this truck, or any other deals I post. I am reached at 949 276 7100.
_______

CrewMax Limited 2WD 5.7 liter in slate with gray interior and included options:

[AL] 20" Aluminum Alloy wheels
[CF] Carpeted Floor Mats with Door Sill Protector
[CK] Cold Kit: Heavy Duty Battery, Heavy Duty Starter, Heavy Duty Anti-Corrosion Protection, Windshield Wiper De-icer w/Timer
[FE] 50-state emissions (no charge)
[MG] Front and Rear Mudguards
[NV] DVD Navigation System w/Backup Monitor, JBL AM/FM w/4-disc Changer, 10 Speakers including Subwoofer, 8 Ch 440W Amplifier, Bluetooth Capability, Steering Wheel Audio Controls and Auxiliary Audio Jack
[RL] Daytime Running Lamps
[SR] Moonroof, sunshade

MSRP sticker is $43,196.
TS member cost is $40,579. These are not "ads" -- there are no vin#'s or stock #'s posted. You need to reach me for this truck, or any other deals I post. I am reached at 949 276 7100.

If you order a Tundra thru me and are actively looking elsewhere and willing to accept something mainstream instead of what you wanted me to build, for gods sake, let me know? If I get a truck built and find out you no longer want it, :mad: you're gonna have KARMA to deal with. The two nitwits who did not wish to wait for their trucks here took two PERFECTLY good trucks out of my realm to change for two other people who ARE patient, and deserving of their trucks too! It's not fair to them!!!!

Dianne

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grrowf

I do not take deposits.
I may have to start! I hate the thought of doing it, but the bad ones always ruin it for the good ones!!!:eek:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: grrowf

I do not take deposits.
I may have to start! I hate the thought of doing it, but the bad ones always ruin it for the good ones!!!:eek:
Let me ask you this...

Even if someone does fink out on a special order, what other problem is there, other than the disappointment of not getting a "guaranteed" sale? Don't you just put the vehicle in your inventory and try to sell it from the lot?

Help me understand.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I can answer this one for you Dianne

We only get so many changes or preferences. So for the customers that are in the pipeline waiting for weeks or months to get their trucks. These two cancellations pushed them back. Those changes or preferences could have been used for the serious buyer that was waiting for the exact truck.

Sure it will get sold sooner or later but would you want to be the one in line waiting that much longer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I can answer this one for you Dianne

We only get so many changes or preferences. So for the customers that are in the pipeline waiting for weeks or months to get their trucks. These two cancellations pushed them back. Those changes or preferences could have been used for the serious buyer that was waiting for the exact truck.

Sure it will get sold sooner or later but would you want to be the one in line waiting that much longer.
I guess I'm a bit slow on the uptake tonight; can you expalin this to me as if I were a kindergartener??

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Poor integrity and blind trust

If we only get a certain amount of each model, then the next guy or gal in line waits longer because the thoughtless selfish person in front of them did not bother to tell me to cancel their build order... so the next guy in line for that particular model truck BEHIND them (also waiting for their trucks to be built) could have had theirs built instead of me getting unneeded ones built first.

Of course, someone will come along and buy it. As my dad used to say, there's an a$$ for every seat... someone always will buy whatever is built eventually. It just sucks that folks will DO this to others. It's just poor integrity on their part and too much blind trust on my own. I assume that everyone here's stand up and direct and honest, and as sincere as I am. I may have to start asking for folks to put their money where their mouth is. Perhaps that will weed out the problems? I dunno. I haven't done deposits in 10 years.

Di

Let me ask you this...

Even if someone does fink out on a special order, what other problem is there, other than the disappointment of not getting a "guaranteed" sale? Don't you just put the vehicle in your inventory and try to sell it from the lot?

Help me understand.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Re: Poor integrity and blind trust

If we only get a certain amount of each model, then the next guy or gal in line waits longer because the thoughtless selfish person in front of them did not bother to tell me to cancel their build order... so the next guy in line for that particular model truck BEHIND them (also waiting for their trucks to be built) could have had theirs built instead of me getting unneeded ones built first.

Of course, someone will come along and buy it. As my dad used to say, there's an a$$ for every seat... someone always will buy whatever is built eventually. It just sucks that folks will DO this to others. It's just poor integrity on their part and too much blind trust on my own. I assume that everyone here's stand up and direct and honest, and as sincere as I am. I may have to start asking for folks to put their money where their mouth is. Perhaps that will weed out the problems? I dunno. I haven't done deposits in 10 years.

Di
Sorry, but you should know that without a contract and/or deposit, there is nothing stopping someone from buying somewhere else. It would be nice to be able to trust everyone in this world to do what they say they will, but you just can't! If someone is serious about buying, they won't have a problem with a deposit.

And, I think everyone has got your point that you are upset, but is it really necessary to keep repeating the name-calling and frustration in every post in this thread?

It will just be a matter of time before this happens again to you. Start taking a deposit before you make a custom $40,000 order!

I dunno, it just seems like common sense to me. :confused: I mean how do you know you're dealing with a legitimate person who is 18 years or older and has the funds to buy a new truck. And especially if you are dealing over the internet!

·
Registered
263 Posts

Di
Thanks Dianne ... that make sense too me now, and I definitely see your point. :ts:

·
Registered
263 Posts

Sorry, but you should know that without a contract and/or deposit, there is nothing stopping someone from buying somewhere else. It would be nice to be able to trust everyone in this world to do what they say they will, but you just can't! If someone is serious about buying, they won't have a problem with a deposit.

And, I think everyone has got your point that you are upset, but is it really necessary to keep repeating the name-calling and frustration in every post in this thread?

It will just be a matter of time before this happens again to you. Start taking a deposit before you make a custom $40,000 order!

I dunno, it just seems like common sense to me. :confused: I mean how do you know you're dealing with a legitimate person who is 18 years or older and has the funds to buy a new truck. And especially if you are dealing over the internet!
You know, at first I thought some of Dianne's posts were a bit arrogant and condescending, but as I research further into this site, as well her history, she actually is just very direct, which is much more than I can say for most dealers.

I believe that Dianne, herself wants a smooth, fair transaction just like the customer and thus may be the reason she hasn't taken deposits.

I'd much rather deal with someone who is professional and to the point, rather than someone trying to "befriend" me and build phony trust, only to try and get me to roll over in the long run.

Dianne, I had you all wrong. I still wish you would've responded to my e-mail though, before I bought my new Tacoma from someone else. Oh well, water under the bridge now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts