Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!

I've been considering the 12" Bulletproof suspension lift for the 2008 Tundra 4x4, 12" in the front, 12" in the rear. But, the rear is already raised, what, 2" in the rear to accomodate for anything heavy placed in the bed of the truck...
Besides raising it 12" in the front and 10" in the rear, are there any other suggestions for raising the front only another 2" to make up for the 2" rear height difference??
I don't think it makes sense to put a 3" leveling kit, front only, with the 12" suspension lift, does it??

And, generally do any of you hear of anyone having recurrent problems with CV boots, drivetrain, etc. due to a lift this high?? Isn't the CV angle maxed out??

I've tried looking in previous threads for an answer that may help me but nothing of this nature. Would love to hear from you all.

·
Registered
424 Posts
12" inches?! Wow, I never would have thought about it... Good luck on the research.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Greetings everyone!

I've been considering the 12" Bulletproof suspension lift for the 2008 Tundra 4x4, 12" in the front, 12" in the rear. But, the rear is already raised, what, 2" in the rear to accomodate for anything heavy placed in the bed of the truck...
Besides raising it 12" in the front and 10" in the rear, are there any other suggestions for raising the front only another 2" to make up for the 2" rear height difference??
I don't think it makes sense to put a 3" leveling kit, front only, with the 12" suspension lift, does it??

And, generally do any of you hear of anyone having recurrent problems with CV boots, drivetrain, etc. due to a lift this high?? Isn't the CV angle maxed out??

I've tried looking in previous threads for an answer that may help me but nothing of this nature. Would love to hear from you all.
first off thats why they make it 12 in front 10 in rear beacuse of the difference, if you put 12 in rear its going to be sittin stupid just do the kit they make dont change it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey. I really appreciate your feedback KrewItUp13.

I totally understand. I thought when they said 12"-10" lift for Tundras, I was thinking you can either raise it a minimum of 10" or a maximum of 12". So what you're saying is that they raise it 12" in front and 10" in rear, correct??

If I wanted to raise it another 1.5"-2" in the front only on top of the 12" suspension lift, what would you recommend??

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
A penis enlargement.

Jk, but seriously... 12" is plenty, and do it with tires. A body lift is a cheap out, and if you're doing a show truck, you might as well pay somebody to fabricate it plenty.

It's dangerous to stack lifts in all honesty. However, you can always do the hockey puck method... OR, best yet... just do the...

14" body lift method... Here's a pic of something similar

-rockstate

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Are you planning on off-roading this thing?

If so, stick with a good 3-6" lift and good tires. If it's one of those pre-runner, nose high up "Cali-lean" trucks, just have somebody fabricate a rear suspension that's 2" less than the one from BP, if this is what you're after.

The front suspension will wnat to be left alone, as the rear is probably done with new shocks, leaf packs and/or blocks.

And that's my serious answer..^^^

-rockstate

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
Hey. I really appreciate your feedback KrewItUp13.

I totally understand. I thought when they said 12"-10" lift for Tundras, I was thinking you can either raise it a minimum of 10" or a maximum of 12". So what you're saying is that they raise it 12" in front and 10" in rear, correct??

If I wanted to raise it another 1.5"-2" in the front only on top of the 12" suspension lift, what would you recommend??
well with the Fox coilover the front is fully adjustable...bulletproof usually makes 12inch in front and 10 in rear...if the rear goes any higher you need to lengthen the drive shaft...the truck sits level at those specs...second fox coil is recomended for comfort and for the adjustable factor...now if you wanted to lift the rear like to 11 or 12 inches a 1 or 2 inch block would take care of that...so all in all leave it 10 in rear and 12 in front on 38inch tires 40 you will have to cut stuff

·
Registered
383 Posts
Some different pics of my friend's truck with the Bulletproof lift. He started with 20x12" wheels and 36" tires, but switched to a wider setup. No problems so far.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Super old thread, but I thought Id give my opinion and what I know about the lift.
The Bullet proof lift kit for the tundra is stated 10''-12'' because it is a 2 staged kit basically. Its like a stage 1 procomp lift and stage 2 procomp lift. As in Stage 1 = 10'' lift and stage 2 = 12'' lift. The Bullet proof lift kit only comes with the front suspension.
New Spindles, upper arms, spacers, etc. to complete the rear you have to buy the atlas leaf springs separately.
The Bulletproof lift kit plus the atlas leaf springs make the truck nearly leveled. This is the exact setup I am running, measuring 51.5'' in the front and 51 inches in the rear.
If you want to make it the complete 12'' lift kit (stage 2), you would need buy the upgraded coilover shocks from Fox or any other company that has the same measurements or can make those measurements. The coilovers are usually adjustable from 1-2 inches which will give you the added height your looking for. Im going to stage 2 soon, just have to wait until after I buy tires.
Again, I know this thread is old, but I figured I would post and help others out a little bit for future reference. =]

·
Registered
85 Posts
I also have the 12" Bulletproof suspension lift with the Fox 2" remote reservoir shocks at all four corners. I havent tried to post any pics, but if you are interested, I will try to get some up.

I'd need to wash if first tho, was at the hunting camp in Mississippi all last weekend and used it to drive around the lease to pick up everyones deer. Its preety filthy right now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts