Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ,, i have a 07 tundra and it has chrome front and back bumpers ,,,i want them black to match the truck,..a local paint shop told me that i couldn't get them painted...i was wondering if you guys new of any other option i had. i haven't had much luck finding aftermartet paintable bumpers....i have seen 08 models with factory black bumpers. will they fit my truck... thanks in advance for any help .....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
search. search. search. very popular topic. some have had them painted with great success....some have had them powdercoated...that seems the be the best option, high durabilty and lower cost...

·
Registered
16 Posts
And then you always have your Line-X option. I am still going between paint, Line-X and Vinyl wrap. Easy to do, you need to get it media sprayed to remove the chrome, but powder coating may be the most cost effective. I will post some pics once i decide.

search. search. search. very popular topic. some have had them painted with great success....some have had them powdercoated...that seems the be the best option, high durabilty and lower cost...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Powdercoat....had mine done, and I am so happy I went that route over paint. As Barney said, more durable than paint and waaaaayyyyy more cost effective.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Hey 007, can they match any color with the powdercoat?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Powdercoat....had mine done, and I am so happy I went that route over paint. As Barney said, more durable than paint and waaaaayyyyy more cost effective.
hey bud...you know i thikn theres almost as many threads on "our" bumper and powdercoating it than there is on anything else haha. still holding up well i assume?

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
They can be sprayed just as well. No need to strip the chrome, just rough it up with a sandblaster to give some "profile" for the primer to adhere to. Don't even think about using a rattle can.....good quality automotive paint that uses hardener, plus a good primer / sealer underneath and it will last for years. :tu:

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey bud...you know i thikn theres almost as many threads on "our" bumper and powdercoating it than there is on anything else haha. still holding up well i assume?
Ain't that the truth!

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure you guys can match most any color with powdercoat. I absolutely love how mine turned out and it seems to be very durable!:tu:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts