Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Shoot... found something I like, but the thread is 11 years old.... Soo.. Tundra Flares will sort-of kinda work with a bunch of work...
I added 33's with -12 offset Motiv rims with a 3" lift to my '11 Sequoia. Looks great, but I didn't consider how far out the tires will be. I live on gravel roads, so after just a day, I put my stock rims/tires back on. I won't have any paint left by the end of the week if I keep the 33's.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

Until I can find a solution - either less of an offset, or fender flares - or a combination of both, I cannot enjoy the larger tires.

I added 33's with -12 offset Motiv rims with a 3" lift to my '11 Sequoia. Looks great, but I didn't consider how far out the tires will be. I live on gravel roads, so after just a day, I put my stock rims/tires back on. I won't have any paint left by the end of the week if I keep the 33's.

View attachment 164311

Until I can find a solution - either less of an offset, or fender flares - or a combination of both, I cannot enjoy the larger tires.
That's crazy! Yeah here is my truck with a +18 offset......definitely keeps them in a little more. Actual tread is just even with the fender.

[url=https://imgur.com/vJnotIz][/URL]

Just a follow up post for anyone who may stumble across this thread. Thanks to @Farnsrocket, I finally determined what went wrong with my build. The stock rims are a +60 offset. I was working under the false pretense that the stock rims were +30 and never verified.

So when I ordered the -12 offset, I thought I was moving the center of the rim out by 42mm. The reality is, I moved it 72mm. That's why I'm seeing the tire nearly 4" further out that the stock rims:

Automotive tire Guitar accessory Tire Font String instrument accessory

However, if I was to replace the -12 offset with a +40 offset rim, not only would the inside sidewall of the tire be in essentially the same spot as the stock tire on the stock rim, but the outside sidewall would only be roughly 1.5" out further than the original:

Guitar accessory Automotive tire Font Rectangle Wood

Now to find a place to get a 20" x 10 rim with a +40 offset that looks halfway decent, that won't cost a king's ransom. On the upside, I was able to source some pocket fender flares for my 07 Tundra, so if those work ok, I may put these -12 offset Motiv rims on it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.