Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey friends. I am considering buying a 2006 Tundra and I can buy it for $14K. It has 67,000 miles and looks really clean. The dealer is sketchy but the truck is really nice.

I am taking it to my mechanic on Tuesday - anyone have any suggestions for me?

I did a Carfax and Carproof search and both came up clean.

Here's the online ad - loads of pictures.

Used 2006 Toyota Tundra SR5 For Sale | REGINA SK

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I should give you some new details - They have accepted my offer of $13,500, pending my mechanic's inspection. Also, I live in Canada, but this dealership imported this truck from California - so it has 67,000KMs on it, so that's about 109,000 KMs. It says in the ad that it has alloy wheels. It doesn't - steel wheels and plastic hubcaps. It's an automatic. Also, there are no fog lights but there are spaces where they should go. Also, there is no hitch and no evidence to suggest there ever was one, and no infrastructure under the rear end.

Thanks for everyone's comments - keep them coming.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,536 Posts
Seems a bit expensive for a V6 AC 2WD with those miles. Plus, you have a California emissions vehicle. I'd avoid those unless you actually live in CA as they have more expensive emissions-related components due to the requirements demanded by the CA C.A.R.B. dictators.

As always, my $0.02.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Dunno, but is it OK to have 2WD in Canada? Don't you guys get slammed with snow, and have vast amount of outdoors available? 2WD? Better get a LSD or locker on top of it if you will drive in the winter. Unless you gonna put a pair of quarter ton American chicks in the back for traction :D

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
It's easy to do, and I'm usually the type to jump on the "why would you want to do that?!!?" bandwagon. But, if it fits your needs and is what you're looking for, then it's your deal. I don't know about pricing or this truck in particular, but when shopping for used stuff, I usually know it when I see it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Hey, sounds like your really hoping this goes through. Really only way to compare is to just look at what others are going for in your area. I got mine for 15,900 and its 4x4 with 4.7. but Does have higher miles. But you just have to shop around and see whats out there. As for mechanical I dont really have any suggestions since I've had really good luck with mine so far. Welcome to the site too.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i love how the new V6s only make 4 less HP than the old V8.

other than that, make sure you want the V6 and 2WD before you regret it later. all trim levels have the space for the fogs but only some come with them. the base V6 package does not. same thing with the hitch but that just means the previous owner(s) never towed with it so less wear in that department

and buying a California truck is usually not the best idea because anything to do with emissions will cost more to repair.

also make sure youre both pricing it as an access cab, not a double cab as stated in the ad

best of luck and hope everything works out for you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: My mechanic gave the truck a big thumb's up -- the dealer agreed to further drop the price to $12,500.00 -- and take care of some little things (headlight bulb, rear brake adjustment, new battery and a few other things.

Now I'm still hemming and hawing over it.

Advice ?

·
Registered
330 Posts
hey, im also from canada, and i know these types of trucks are rediculously priced up here, i personally think that for a v6 2wd 14k is a lot! but if u got him to 12 thats not bad, but to give you an example i found mine in quebec(where im from) 02 trd v8 4x4 access cab for 10 200 can, in great shape, but they vary a lot, just to give u an idea what your up for, but if u really like it, for 12 id go for it, youve done your homework, just make sure your not going to want a 4x4 later on cuz ull kick urself in the ass.. good luck man

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
How about 2WD in Canada? Don't you guys get like 2 feet of snow all the time?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts