Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen quite a few 2nd gen Tundras with cab lights, but no 1st gens. Ordered a set and threw them up on the roof today to get an idea if I would like the way they would look or not. 5 lights is too many in my opinion, so I took a couple photos of just 4 in place of where I am most likely to mount them. The wife is all for them, im still undecided.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well my opinoin...the lights are huge.

the 4 lights do look weird to me. im used to the DOT standard of 5 i guess...with the 3 in the middle for vehicles over 80'' wide. now i am liking them on some trucks mainly the larger ones. not sure if a gen 1 tundra can really pull it off w/o just looking like someone stuck stuff up there. maybe if u found some that were smaller and more in scale with the truck? i dunno...

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
I agree, they seem BIG. Too late to get something smaller?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont like the shape of the smaller ones personally. I was thinking of the ford ones, but they are too triangular and dont flow with the body at all.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Then it's settled. You like 'em and that is really all that matters. Put some evening pics up after you have them wired.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahaha i guess, the wife likes them and any mod she supports i jump at the chance. they look better in person for sure, just afraid to drill the roof and decide i dont love them.

·
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,533 Posts
I guess I'm in the other camp: I just don't think that cab lights look appropriate on a Tundra. That's just me. The body design and overall vehicle size just doesn't favor them.

Now, if you could get your wife on board with some suspension enhancements, then you're talkin'!! :tu:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Just my .02 but they dont belong at all....looks tacky.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Nice idea, few would dare to try. I would say no though. You did pick the right ones though. Like a tattoo, those beezeys are going to be there forever. make that pic your desktop backround or something for a month first lol/.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts