Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 SR5 Tundra and I'm experiencing an issue where when it rains, water leaks into the cab and drips out of the sunglasses tray/map light assembly. I park on a slight forward grade at home, so I'm guessing it's draining there because that's the lowest opening that the water can find.

I've sealed up the rear high-mount brake light with silicone and also removed an old CB antenna that was installed into the roof and sealed that hole. Any ideas on where else water could be coming in?

I'm thinking that my next step is to drop the headliner and see where it might be coming from.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I have a 2003 SR5 Tundra and I'm experiencing an issue where when it rains, water leaks into the cab and drips out of the sunglasses tray/map light assembly. I park on a slight forward grade at home, so I'm guessing it's draining there because that's the lowest opening that the water can find.

I've sealed up the rear high-mount brake light with silicone and also removed an old CB antenna that was installed into the roof and sealed that hole. Any ideas on where else water could be coming in?

I'm thinking that my next step is to drop the headliner and see where it might be coming from.
I've got the same issue and suspect rust rot between the windshield top gasket and roofline. I've stopped it temporarily with electrical tape over the outer gasket.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
jack mccarthy
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing