Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2002 tundra SR5 is leaking into the cabin from somewhere. I had satellite radio put in a few years ago by best by and trying to be safe and wanting to keep the warranty with it I had them do it. This is where I suspected the leak to be coming from so I took it back and they said the warranty is expired. So I went ahead and spent the 8 bucks on a tube a silicon and went resealed the third brake light and the smell and evidently the leak is still somewhere. The other threads all involved actual water leaking onto the floor so I do not think they are related. Also the rear window does sometimes get a little musty. Any other possibilities beside taking the back window out and resealing the whole thing??

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
Not sure if this will work but this is where I would begin. Start the truck with all the windows up and the blower running full blast. Take a spray bottle with water and a little liquid soap and spray along every seal, crack, crevice and anywhere else two parts come together and look for bubbling to find the source of the leak.

·
Registered
83 Posts
that makes sense, i would also suggest turning off the recirculate to try and build some pressure

·
Registered
101 Posts
When my system was put in they needed to run a cable from the battery into the cab...there is a grommet on the fire wall that they screwed up and i h ad to replace it...you might want to look there.

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts
that makes sense, i would also suggest turning off the recirculate to try and build some pressure
Yes, I agree - the recirculation should be set to fresh air in order to build pressure.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Cowl blockage / leak?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts