Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many choices and i've been trying to search on more info in here. Anyone have anything to say about which is the best for power, gas mileage, and just sounds the best?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had an AEM on my 03 and I loved the sound, till I started towing. I took it off because of the constant roar anytime we went up a hill or accelerated. Haven't even considered changing it from stock since I got my 06.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Keep your stock airbox, and when you go up a steep hill, roll down your window and howl. It will be the same thing and you'll save yourself some $$$.
I tend to do this technique when I see the ladies!:dog3:

·
Registered
524 Posts
All of them are absolute junk b/c they suck up hot air from the engine bay. Want a CAI, make a snorkel or figure out a way to make a ram air intake.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
The volant isn't too bad, it takes most of it's air from the hole in the fender, the second opening is aimed to the headlight to draw cold air when moving. The Air raid is just a smothed out tube that replaces the OEM intake runner and uses the OEM airbox isn't it? AFE is just like the K&N.

The reason the CAI's make so much noise is the absence of the box on the runner which acts like an air cushion to prevent noise.

·
Registered
219 Posts
^^ what he said... And I love my Airraid CAI. I don't know how well it works, cuz I didn't have my Scanguage II before I put it in, but I know my intake temp is usually about 5-10 degrees higher then ambient so I normally run about 98 on summer days here in Texas. But I know in my dad's durango the intake temp was running at like 150-180 last summer when we took a trip up to see relatives (and he has a completely stock truck).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts