Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning out the basement this weekend and came across this thing. Anyone know what it was for? Its actually kinda cool...but also somewhat dangerous! lol

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it says Western Electric on it too. So does it have something to do with a telephone? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
I think it's an old time fuse block. You put the screwin fuses in em. They used to use a copper penny if it kept blowing. Lotsa houses burned down that way.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Not a fuse block. It looks like a spark arrestor for the phone line back in the day of big black phones. Should be some black cloth covered wire pair nearby

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's an old time fuse block. You put the screwin fuses in em. They used to use a copper penny if it kept blowing. Lotsa houses burned down that way.
It looks like a size of a light socket. Thats some big @ss fuse lol

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
the long red things look like fuses

looks like something plugs into the round thing, which is why I was thinking its for remote water reading. I've seen similar boxes on the side of a house, but much smaller.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
hook the left two terminals to your truck battery, then stick your tongue to the right side terminals and let us know what happens...

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hook the left two terminals to your truck battery, then stick your tongue to the right side terminals and let us know what happens...
hi, this is joey's (portugue) wife, I am taking him to the ER...thanks! :D

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
I think it's something that was used in an insane asylum at one point. I'll have to watch
"One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" and let you know.

John

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
hi, this is joey's (portugue) wife, I am taking him to the ER...thanks! :D

ah, mild burning of the tongue heals quickly. he just can't use it for a while, sorry about that... :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts