Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start off by saying that these powersticks are loud, aggressive and sound sweet! I've had a good two years with em' and I believe that having them on with the H-pipe actually resulted in some low-end gain. But unfortunately I have not had the good luck with the non existent drone that others have been producing from their setups with the sticks. While I am usually the only one in the truck I can withstand it but after making an 8 hour trip to Houston and a 5 hour trip to Dallas with a truck load of people my setup is pretty loud and gets annoying after about 2-3 hours. It seems that everybody has dumped their setups so it may be the tips that I put on mine that makes it too loud. But anyways I finally pulled the trigger on the exhaust I've wanted ever since I've had my truck. I got a great deal on a Corsa-sport and in two weeks I'll be proud to say I'm a Corsa owner. Now my powerstick setup has an H-pipe up front and when I take it down I am going to leave the mufflers and H-pipe as a "bolt up" system. So if anybody is interested in purchasing a true dual/H-pipe setup keep your eyes open in about two weeks or just PM me if your interested now...Now don't think I am bashing on the sticks because I love the powerstick setup.I am just ready for something new!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I really love all the sound clips of the Corsa! Also got a really good deal so i'm pleased!!!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Like I always tell my buddies who want the loudest systems on their trucks, it may be cool for the first few hours on your trip but after that it gets pretty darn annoying. It's worse when you're towing.

BTW, love my Corsa Sport!

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
Drone is not difficult to fix. I can understand it can drive someone nuts on a long highway trip. I would have considered Corsa also but they don't offer a short wheelbase (RCSB) version of their cat backs.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How much are you asking for the powersticks set-up? I could be interested if the price is right.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much are you asking for the powersticks set-up? I could be interested if the price is right.
I'll have to get back to ya on that one...I see your PM so I'll let ya know soon

·
Registered
10 Posts
corsas sound like a motorboat engine in the water-hated them on my 'vette. maybe they sound better on a tundra. I like magnaflow, deep muscle car rumble, and no resonance

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I like magnaflow, deep muscle car rumble, and no resonance
I would have to disagree. Of all the systems I have owned, MagnaDrone had the worst drone by far. The bits of plastic on my dash would resonate once I hit that magic 1700 rpm. :td:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ive run the "sticks" for acouple years and never once heard "Actual" resonance aka; DRONE
I DO hear a very subtle rumble at speeds over 70mph,buts its the mufflers flowing freely and nothing to do with droan.I have video to prove mine sounds just like the other 149 trucks running sticks.Others with tips also cant say their system droans,there is nothing in the mufflers design to "reflect", droan doesnt just fall out of thin air.
THERE IS NO DRONE with Power Sticks,one truck out of 150 isnt going to happen.

As for the Magna-Junk Clown . . . . . LMMFAO! thats the second worst muffler to put on a Tundra :baby:
I dont care if another set of sticks sells or not,the point is dont be saying sh!t that aint so.

Enjoy your corsa,you'll sound like the others.

:rolleyes: :mad:

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
corsas sound like a motorboat engine in the water-hated them on my 'vette. maybe they sound better on a tundra. I like magnaflow, deep muscle car rumble, and no resonance
was it a C5? my C5 with SLP loudmouth sounded like a motorboat, just a loud one. very similar to corsa captains call exhaust.... come to think of it i think most exhaust systems on teh C5 sounded like a boat haha. even my parents, they had just the "A&A" mod done on theirs and it sounded like a quiet boat....but man talk about drone, that SLP i had, dam it sucked. i'd never do that again, never woudl have done it if i wasnt able to get the system off a fellow club member for 100 bucks cause it was too loud for him and was 2 months old...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ive run the "sticks" for acouple years and never once heard "Actual" resonance aka; DRONE
I DO hear a very subtle rumble at speeds over 70mph,buts its the mufflers flowing freely and nothing to do with droan.I have video to prove mine sounds just like the other 149 trucks running sticks.Others with tips also cant say their system droans,there is nothing in the mufflers design to "reflect", droan doesnt just fall out of thin air.
THERE IS NO DRONE with Power Sticks,one truck out of 150 isnt going to happen.

As for the Magna-Junk Clown . . . . . LMMFAO! thats the second worst muffler to put on a Tundra :baby:
I dont care if another set of sticks sells or not,the point is dont be saying sh!t that aint so.

Enjoy your corsa,you'll sound like the others.

:rolleyes: :mad:
Man I absolutely loved the sticks and the last thing I would do is bash on em. "DRONE" may be the wrong term because it does not sit there and resonate. It's just a constant LOUDNESS...When every single one of my passengers says "dang your truck is really loud and is kind of getting annoying" and I as well think the same, then I have to totally disagree with you. I can say that when the tips weren't on it, it was not as loud. I've had multiple people comment on my exhaust, and how good it sounds. But when we go on a trip they also comment on the loudness...Get a good set of speakers, ones that actually have some bass and listen for yourself DSCN0172.flv video by trd1221 - Photobucket I have some proof too.:crazy3d: Watch the instant MPG you can tell the engine isn't even working hard right now...Imagine when it DOES!!!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
trd12, I really like your vids. Can you post more around the 1500-2000 rpm area cuz thats where I do most of my shifting.
Almost sold on powersticks just need a little more convincing :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
That's loud? If my truck was that quiet i'd be looking for a LOUDER exhaust...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's loud? If my truck was that quiet i'd be looking for a LOUDER exhaust...
Haha either your sarcastic or your speakers suck...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts