Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys wanna know the ins and outs of me going with a 285/70/17 on my 06dc 2wd. i have billsteins sittin in my garage and have been going back and forth on which setting i should go with. like everyone else i want 0 issues after lift and tires. i have heard many things, such as rubbing which is a given. the coilover assembly hitting the control arm. leaking from the cv which is an easy fix but i thought i would mention it. bad ball joints. and so on and so forth. also was wondering how people feel about the middle notch and 265/70/17 a/t. i know i will clear those for sure. pics and opinions please and thank you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am rocking Bilstein 5100 adjustables at the highest setting with 285/70/17's. I get a slight rub on full lock when going in reverse only. After only about 50 miles I had grease slinging from my CV boots, but did the CV boot clamp mod (4" hose clamps over the stock clamps) and I have not lost any more grease. My front end sits a bit higher than the back (about 1/2") so I may end up adding a 1" block or AAL to take her back to level.

Overall...I am very happy I went with this set up. Here is a picture.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you can, I'd go 275/70/17 to completely make sure that you won't rub. Wish I learned the first time- I had 295/70/17 then moved down to 285/70/17 and now I probably will do the 275s haha.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i went with the top notch, running 285's, sliight rub, but ehhh, lol.
i did the 1.5 AAL in the rear, and the front does sit sliiightly higher w/ no load, id say 1/4 to 1/3 an inch, still haven't figured out why, another guy in my shop did the same, and his rear is higher than mine... figure THAT one out haha

here's a pic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts