Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Here is a pic of jeepnuts311's bad ass truck.

What I need is a measurement from the bottom corner of the door to the pavement and a measurement from the center of wheel to the pavement.

I need somebody with a 4/6 drop to take these since what I'm trying to figure out is where exactly the truck sits at a 6 inch rear drop.

A regular cab short bed would be ideal. Also 305/40/22 tires would be ideal as well. Or at lease have a tire thats diameter is within an inch.

Trying to get this wrapped up by the end of the day. Any help is very much appreciated! Thanks in advance and PM me if you have any questions.

Alan

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well the center of the wheel to the ground wont have anything to do with the drop so anyone with the same size diameter rim/tire setup can help u there....

·
Registered
753 Posts
bump! somebody help the man.

I can't get him his measurements until my truck gets out of the body shop!

-Tim

·
Registered
753 Posts
Should be getting my truck back tomorrow

-Tim

·
Registered
797 Posts
I wish i could help but mine is only a 2"-5"

bump...

·
Registered
753 Posts
They were missing some clips for the bumper cover. They said Monday Now

-Tim

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hey dude,

just picked up the truck about an hour ago, it looks great.

The measurement to the bottom edge of the door straight to the ground is 13" on the nose.

The measurement to the center of the wheel from the ground is 15 1/4"

I also measured to the notch in the frame behind the rear wheel, this comes in at about 21 15/16"

And color matched tailgate handle with Hella Celis LEDs

-Tim

·
Registered
797 Posts
Truck looks good Jeeps!
How do you like the Hellas?
Did you install the 3rd brake light?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Truck looks good Jeeps!
How do you like the Hellas?
Did you install the 3rd brake light?
thanks dude, I love the hellas. They look better than stock and are very bright and crisp. I plan on tackling the 3rd brake light tomorrow.

-Tim

·
Registered
753 Posts
Thanks Tim! The lights look sick!

I'm going to check this out tomorrow. I'll let you know where we came out.
Thanks. I got around to installing the third brake light tomorrow and it was hell. I took the whole headliner out to get to the mounting bolts, only to find out I need a DEEP 10mm socket which I don't have at home. Luckily I am resourceful and made a tool that would work.

Anyways, how close did you guys come to your desired ride height?

-Tim

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks. I got around to installing the third brake light tomorrow and it was hell. I took the whole headliner out to get to the mounting bolts, only to find out I need a DEEP 10mm socket which I don't have at home. Luckily I am resourceful and made a tool that would work.

Anyways, how close did you guys come to your desired ride height?

-Tim
yes that 3rd is a bish to install! i thought i could get lucky by just lowering the back of the headliner but nope, the whole thing has to be lowered to avoid folds...
I also didnt have the socket so i bought one off autozone and returned it within the hour:D

how close did you get the fit?
some were saying the fit is not as close as oem, but i think i got mine just as close

·
Registered
797 Posts
hey apintheca how about some pics!

·
Registered
753 Posts
yes that 3rd is a bish to install! i thought i could get lucky by just lowering the back of the headliner but nope, the whole thing has to be lowered to avoid folds...
I also didnt have the socket so i bought one off autozone and returned it within the hour:D

how close did you get the fit?
some were saying the fit is not as close as oem, but i think i got mine just as close
It fits well, as I tightened the bolts it snugged up to the cab.

-Tim

1 - 20 of 31 Posts