Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some trouble here. I just bought Boston S60's (6.5") for my front doors and Boston S50's (5.25") for the rear doors. I am getting conflickting info on this. Will the S50's fit my rear doors? SOme say its 6.5" speakers all round and some say otherwise....

Whats up with that? ANy help will be awesome.

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
rear doors are 6.5s, you can even fit oversize 6.5s in them if you want just need to do a little trimming. front doors are 5.25s, if you wanna fit good speakers you can attack the front doors with an airsaw like i did on mine =)

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Just pulled my door panels off and found 6.75 in front and rear. I found this after I bought 6.5 and 5.25's arg!!!

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Did not see your thread earlier, but, the 2000-2002 are the same trucks. I am using
6.5" for front and rear (JL component). I think it really matters on how people
install their speakers than can make a difference on why some may have a different
size front or rear.

·
Beer Me
1,676 Posts
i have 6.5s in my front door right now, but stock they would not have fit. had to build custom baffles and space out my window track. because the mounting depth on my mid is retarded deep.

you can use the speakers you bought, just make rings out of mdf or plywood and put resin on them so they wont swell. if you dont wanna do that then just order new speakers. and the rear are not 6.75 i can tell you right now. i barely fit memphis mclass oversize 6.5s in the stock speaker location on the back doors. now i have image dynamics 6.5s in the rear doors cause they have a soft dome tweeter and better response. for the front door you better find a driver thats not too deep or you will hit the window track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts