Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CalTrend Neo Supreme Seatcover Review

A while back, I asked if there was any knowledge on the CalTrend seatcovers offered by autoanything.com. Between this forum and a couple of others, I couldn't find one person that had any info on them. I ended up just getting them (front seat only...for the time being) and figured for the price (about $190.00 with a coupon and free shipping), why not try them.

Installation was really quite easy. I was able to get them in on my lunch break (in a shirt and tie, no less) in about 40 mins. The back of the seat is a slip on sleeve-like cover that seems to fit just right. No great effort needed to get them on and adjusted. The only issue I had was that my 2010 seat-backing does not allow you to pass through from between the seat cushions. There is a plastic cover that attaches down and under the seats that prohibits the ability to use the velcro on the sleeve cover to attach with itself. Easy fix, I added a couple of two-sided velcro circles to the cover and it adheres to the bottom of the back of the actual seat perfectly. It was the only issue...with a VERY easy fix that still looks great. The seat cushion cover attaches with straps and buckles under the seat. Again, very easy to install. It takes a few minutes...but it's painless. The center console/seat cover (I have the benchseat) was also easy to install and covers it very well. I mainly ride with the seat down for use of the console, and the way the cover attaches, it allows for easy access of all compartments. The headrest covers slip on easily, but make sure you have them on correctly...I had one on backwards before I realized it looked wrong.

Installation grade= A

As far as usage and durability, I've had them for about 2.5 months and they've seen some snow, quite a bit of rain, and a fair share of dirt/mud. I've been on 2 fishing trips with them and they've performed admirably. When they get wet...they don't seem to absorb the water much and if they do...dry quickly. The dirt and mud was wiped off...but if you had to wash them, I think they would be fine. With four guys going from the lake up to the cabin over 3-4 days, they did just fine and still look great (see photos...taken today). They feel and look like they are well-built and their stitching looks solid.

Usage grade= A+

As far as the cost goes, I was looking for something less expensive than the Wet Okoles but still Neoprene-like and I found it. I went out on a limb because I couldn't find any feedback, but I'm glad I gambled. I only bought the front covers to see if they were worth it and I've decided to get the rear seatcovers as well. This is my first time dabbling in seatcovers, so I have nothing to compare them with, but I think they are a viable option. I have no doubt that the Wet Okoles are great...I just wanted something to get the job done for less.

Cost grade= A+

Overall, after 2.5 months, I'm very happy with them and will be ordering the rear covers this week. Between all of the above, it's easy to see I would overall rate them an A+...but that's just one opinion (and I think it might be the only one out there :D). If anyone out there has questions, feel free to PM me. If you happen to get them, hopefully you have as much luck with them as I have.

P. S. There is some feedback on the website where I got them...most, if not all, seem to be very, very positive.

Mike

Attachments

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Found it Mike. Now the next guy that asks will have a thread to look at.:thumb:

You went w/ NeoSupreme?

Do they look like they are a truck specific fit or one size fits most (with adjustments?)

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you finally got to see some pics, Spenser. Well, if it helps anyone, I'm glad to contribute. They are a more "truck specific" fit. The CalTrend comp. actually gave me a phone call to confirm what I had ordered and what vehicle they were going to be fitted for. Somewhat of a courtesy call, I guess, but it was nice to know they were just looking to get it right the first time. Yes, I went with the Neo Supreme...I wanted something sporty that could handle slop from fishing, camping, etc. I was afraid they would get hot in the summer, but considering it was in the 90's (with humidity) up here in NY last week, they were fine.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Thanks for the review. My truck had cloth seats and it was a deal breaker for me. So, the dealer had a local shop add leather. It doesn't seem to be the most durable stuff. With that said I am thinking of putting seat covers on the front seats eventually. I like these neoprene covers, the looks I mean, I have never had them. Again thanks for the review! Points to you

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
mmm...i guess im just not into covering up seats with a slip on cover...kinda reminds me of my mother who put down a sheet over the carpet at the door to the garage...always looked tacky. i can see if you are extremely dirty or whatnot to do it once in a while..but...to each his own. i cant stand the cloth seats in these trucks either, super ugly, i'll stick with leather like i have.

·
Registered
274 Posts
good review. for those that have wet/dirty year round sports like snowboarding and drinking, wakeboarding and drinking, drinking on the beach, camping and drinking, jeeping and drinking, etc neoprene covers would be perfect to cover up leather/cloth seats from getting all nasty. points to ya.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
good review. for those that have wet/dirty year round sports like snowboarding and drinking, wakeboarding and drinking, drinking on the beach, camping and drinking, jeeping and drinking, etc neoprene covers would be perfect to cover up leather/cloth seats from getting all nasty. points to ya.
hahah drinking.....

FWIW we have some tan large bath towels my wife sewed an eleastic strap onto on one end...on the lake weekends we just throw them over the seat and loop that elastic strap over the headrest to hold it...works fine for us and doesnt look like tacky seat covers the rest of the time haha.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hear you on the leather seats...but I didn't want them in my pick-up truck. FWIW, I'll take the neoprene seatcovers over the bath towels jimmy-rigged with a sewn-on elastic strap, especially when fishing and camping with my buddies...but as you said, whatever floats your boat!

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Good for you man, I'm glad you like them. Not my cup of tea (I don't like to see "obvious" seat covers) but I guess I can see the functionality aspect. Pts for being the first to post the pics!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Plenty of dudes on TS have the Wet Oks. Mike is simply giving us a cheaper option to those. I've got Cabelas Trail Gear that I take on and off for dog hauling, sporting activities and so on. I might eventually 'up-grade' to the CalTrends . If you merely drive it back and forth to the office then you probably don't need any covers.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I hear you on the leather seats...but I didn't want them in my pick-up truck. FWIW, I'll take the neoprene seatcovers over the bath towels jimmy-rigged with a sewn-on elastic strap, especially when fishing and camping with my buddies...but as you said, whatever floats your boat!
I definitly agree wiht this statement!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, it's just an option, exactly as Spenser said previously. I realize it's not for everyone as they do carry a certain "look" to them. For some reason I like the way the neoprene covers give the truck a sporty appearance...just my preference. Function-wise, they serve their purpose perfectly...good protection when fishing, camping, hunting, water-sports, hauling pooches, etc. Thanks to everyone for the rep points...I appreciate it!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered a pair for my 06 DC with bucket seats, side airbags. They sent a pair that did not have a provision for side airbag deployment. Anyone have pics of what the airbag side looks like?
Thanks
Mike

1 - 15 of 15 Posts