Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Camburg retaining ring size ????

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  honda454 
#1 ·
hey guys i called camburg today and they told me that the retaining ring that holds the uniball in the control arm is 2 3/8" in diameter. well i called all around town for one and nobody has one in that size. i found a company an hour away and ordered two and im gonna drive up there tomorrow. does anybody know if that is the real size, can somebody measure it for me. im real scared its not the right size. my trucks at my gf's house because the passenger side uniball poped out halfway so i cant drive it till i get the clips thanks

#2 ·
have no idea.. all i know is camburg might be a great company for suspension but damn that **** it higher mantenaince then my gf. my passenger side screw that goes thru the upper arm is lose and might be busted. another $150 fix at least!! plus my uniballs make noise like none-other regardless of how much grease i put on them. do you have that same problem? is that why your uniball went out?

#3 ·
hahaha i just installed them a few days ago and i drove it around and it rode nice didnt hear any unusuall sounds, but when i got done driving it i noticed my uniballs were falling out because i didnt have retaining rings in the upper control which they never gave me so i have to go drive an hour tomorrow and go buy some

#4 ·
figures, I got the long travel kit for my truck and sways for the rear. they installed the rear ones wrong and they blew out the first week. after questioning me like it was my fault for being rough on them, they offered to install them when they got more into the shop. after a month of nothing and me driving around with a blown out rear end I made them put some bilsteins on till they got more in. I have yet to get them replaced. unfortunately they still need my truck for a week to do that, and its really not that easy to not have a vehicle for that long. by the way, I paid almost 7k for this ****!! and i still need to get more things replaced... would anyone like to know my opinion on these guys?

Attachments

#5 ·
I just measured the top of my UCA's and it's almost 2" exactly. So unless the clip has a 3/8" larger diameter (possible), or unless you have bigger balls than I do (haha), you might wanna check with Camburg again just to make sure. What company around here had the retaining clips?...

FromUndaTrundra, what type of grease did you put on your balls? They shouldn't make any noise if you keep them clean. Also, that bolt shouldn't cost $150 to replace. Maybe $5 and 20 minutes to fix?

#6 ·
nice truck fromundatrundra and dam man that blows im freaking out because my truck has been sitting for three days i couldnt imagine a week or longer. coachron im gonna take one of the control arms of today at lunch and drive up to tampa this afternoon. i finaley found a place yesterday after calling thirty diff places its called hercules hydraulics their a distributor. so hopefully ill be done with this mess tonight. those uniballs need dry grease so no dirt sticks to the grease and wears out the uniballs

#7 ·
Oh, never heard of them. But yeah, taking a whole control arm to them would be a good idea, because that's kind of a long drive if it isn't the right size... You did put the other retaining clip on where the ball joint connects to the spindle, correct?

#9 ·
yes i put the retaining on the spindle sleeves it and it would take a week to get here if they sent me them and they'd probley charge me even know its their fault, so im headed up there today at 4 with the control arm in my hand to make sure its the right size

#10 ·
The clip holds the uniball slug to the spindle. The F911 bolt goes through the upper arm and through the uniball slug and keeps those two pieces together.

The clips that holds the uniball slug to the spindle are stock. You should have reused them if you didn't destroy them taking them out. Go to the dealer and buy new ones.

So, it wasn't Camburg's fault. It was whoever installed them.

#11 ·
The clip holds the uniball slug to the spindle. The F911 bolt goes through the upper arm and through the uniball slug and keeps those two pieces together.

The clips that holds the uniball slug to the spindle are stock. You should have reused them if you didn't destroy them taking them out. Go to the dealer and buy new ones.

So, it wasn't Camburg's fault. It was whoever installed them.

He's not talking about that c-clip. There is another c-clip that holds the UNIBALL assembly in the control arm end. See pic.

To the OP, you really should demand Camburg send you one. I always talk to Jeff, seems a stand up guy that has worked with me a lot on my issues, wven when those issues weren't Camburg-related!

#12 ·
Yep, that definitely is not the stock clip. lol

Sorry, OP.

And if Camburg didn't include them, you should definitely get them from them. Call Camburg and talk to Jerry or Scott. Jefe is cool too and I'm sure he'll be able to help you. But I like going to the boss first. :)

I was just remembering back to all the installs I've done and the upper arms were already put together.

#13 ·
ya so i got the rings yesterday their 2 3/8" and i installed them last night so the trucks good to go. ill take pictures of it in a few days

#14 ·
Glad to hear you got it all taken care of!

#15 ·
thanks man the control arms are nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.