Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I prefer Camburg / Sway-A-Way....(coilovers)

not because I think they that much better than Donahoe, but because they have AWESOME customer service. I had a small issue with my Sway-A-Way coilovers. I was able to bring them in to their factory, have them fully rebuilt, get a tour of the facilities (stickers galore were handed out) and all of this for free since they were unhappy I was inconvenienced ( I wasn't really).

I do have the Donahoe remote resevoir shocks, since they were the only game in town when I got my truck in 4/06. They are awesome, and would suggest those for rear shocks, as well as Camburg / Sway-A-Way if they make rear shocks for the new Tacoma.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I prefer Camburg / Sway-A-Way....(coilovers)

not because I think they that much better than Donahoe, but because they have AWESOME customer service. I had a small issue with my Sway-A-Way coilovers. I was able to bring them in to their factory, have them fully rebuilt, get a tour of the facilities (stickers galore were handed out) and all of this for free since they were unhappy I was inconvenienced ( I wasn't really).

I do have the Donahoe remote resevoir shocks, since they were the only game in town when I got my truck in 4/06. They are awesome, and would suggest those for rear shocks, as well as Camburg / Sway-A-Way if they make rear shocks for the new Tacoma.

SO how much did than run you for the rear set up and what are you running for the front i am looking to do the whole suspension makeover!! If you got pictures of that it would be sweet

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you have got the $$$ Go with the Donahoes. If you are getting C/O Be sure to get Upper control arms or plan on getting them in the near future. You cant go wrong with the Camburg setup either. When I get the loot to do my Long travel set up Im going Camburg all the way. You should check out SoCalTundras They are a little more involved with the desert scene. We are having a SoCal Tundras meet out in Ocotillo Wells this weekend as a matter of fact.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Re: I prefer Camburg / Sway-A-Way....(coilovers)

SO how much did than run you for the rear set up and what are you running for the front i am looking to do the whole suspension makeover!! If you got pictures of that it would be sweet
I have the Sway-A-Way 2.5 coilovers (included sway bar), Camburg upper control arms, Donahoe remote res. rear shocks, add-a-leaf and 1" aluminum block.

Total was about $2000 dollars. Add another $1000 for wheels/tires (American Racing Crater Teflons with 285/75R16 BFGoodrich All-Terrains)

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sway-A-Way / Camburg / Donahoe setup!

I have the Sway-A-Way 2.5 coilovers (included sway bar), Camburg upper control arms, Donahoe remote res. rear shocks, add-a-leaf and 1" aluminum block.

Total was about $2000 dollars. Add another $1000 for wheels/tires (American Racing Crater Teflons with 285/75R16 BFGoodrich All-Terrains)

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has any used the long travel kit from camburg. I am looking to do it in the near future. MAn thats a lot of money i figure 100 dollars for each foot of distance i wanna go with my truck so not bad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I plan to get Camburg Coil-Overs only to leveling off the front. I don't want to do anything to the rear. Would that work?

Would I have to get a diff drop?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts