Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the intro section there is a post for a camper dealer so I thought I'd go ahead and ask about putting a camper on a CrewMax. What are some of the limitations to consider given the 5'5" bed and the weight rating?

This looks cool but it's already hanging off the back end quite a bit on the DC.

·
Registered
536 Posts
In the intro section there is a post for a camper dealer so I thought I'd go ahead and ask about putting a camper on a CrewMax. What are some of the limitations to consider given the 5'5" bed and the weight rating?

This looks cool but it's already hanging off the back end quite a bit on the DC.

That is one reason I'm choosing the DC is the longer bed. The Tundra can tow but the hauling seems limited. It will be difficult to put a camper on the back of a 1/2 ton. It needs to be a very light camper. Consult your dealer before buying.

·
Registered
848 Posts
i have been waiting for someone to start producing one of these .. because when i take my boat out camping i cant tow the boat and take a camping trailer .. this would be perfect for me ...what is the price range on something like this? i have seen these go for about 16K for a ford i bet they are about the same price for the tundra.. any body else making these for the new tundra???????

i also got the double cab .. but i cant see a crewmax towing one of these

·
Registered
536 Posts
Check out trailerlife.com. Click on "forums" and go down to "truck campers" Recently, I posted a question on hauling a camper with the 5.7 DC. You want to answer these questions before you buy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts