Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just seeing if anyone has looked into available camper shells for the 07 Tundras. I have a 2001 AC with a glasstite on it. Looking strongly at an 07 for better towing capabilities and will want a new top on it. Not sure whats available and since I am leaning towards a Crew Max with its small bed, not sure if there is anything out yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
do you mean canopies or campers?
For Canopies it's limited right now - as of 3 weeks ago when I was shopping for canopies, only Snugtop has a canopy that fits the 07 DC w/ standard bed. The model is the supersport and is about $2200

Leer had nothing and at the time neither did Glasstite.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Just seeing if anyone has looked into available camper shells for the 07 Tundras. I have a 2001 AC with a glasstite on it. Looking strongly at an 07 for better towing capabilities and will want a new top on it. Not sure whats available and since I am leaning towards a Crew Max with its small bed, not sure if there is anything out yet.

Snuggtop has the SS model out. They are supposedly the O.E.M. They have done Toyota work in the past. Rumors are that it will be a dealer installed option. I posted a pic at tundra talk. Should have mine in about 10 days.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Emails I sent to A.R.E. and Leer came back with Leer would have some models available by mid April and A.R.E. already has a "work truck" canopy available with more coming out over the next few weeks. As someone else noted, Snugtop has their top-of-the-line model available.

Jim

·
Registered
146 Posts
It is my understanding from my A.R.E .dealer there should be a cab level fiberglass model out very soon. I placed the order about 3 weeks ago I expect to see it soon. From what I understand I will see it in the next week or two. I will call tomorrow and find out for sure.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Snuggtop has the SS model out. They are supposedly the O.E.M. They have done Toyota work in the past. Rumors are that it will be a dealer installed option. I posted a pic at tundra talk. Should have mine in about 10 days.
I'm not sure when mine will arrive but I was told on Wednesday that it was on the transporter.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I checked out a local canopy dealer for ARE, Z-series and Leer, 100XQ yesterday. He stated both would be about $1750. He felt these two were comparable but preferred the Leer because it doesn't have trim to collect dirt.
Snuggtop dealer was closed. Does the Snuggtop have trim? Why is it so more expensive than top of the line Leer and ARE models?

The inside of the canopy looks like the bedrug. Anyone recommend a bedrug instead of a spray in bedliner?

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I have the bedrug. I like it as it allows me to sleep comfortably in the back. But then I don't haul rock, dirt, or anything else one would use a truck for. I got my Tundra to tow my Jeep, and because it looks cool.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts