Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the owner of 2007 Camry LE 4-cylinder. One morning while starting my car I heard what sounded like valves tapping which lasted a few seconds then went away (about 35 degrees outside), so I check the oil after it sat awhile and found it was between the low and full markings over a .5 qt low. I had an oil change about 2000 miles ago. I thought it was losing oil some how, so I took the car back to Toyota to have it checked, they said the oil between the two marks was ok and I’m not losing oil. So why is it low on oil I ask and he said the markings on the dip stick may not be accurate on all cars. So I ask if I could watch them do my next oil change and he said yes. Does any one know the truth about dip stick readings for this car or could they have short changed me on my oil change?

Thanks, Rackum

·
Registered
514 Posts
I am the owner of 2007 Camry LE 4-cylinder. One morning while starting my car I heard what sounded like valves tapping which lasted a few seconds then went away (about 35 degrees outside), so I check the oil after it sat awhile and found it was between the low and full markings over a .5 qt low. I had an oil change about 2000 miles ago. I thought it was losing oil some how, so I took the car back to Toyota to have it checked, they said the oil between the two marks was ok and I’m not losing oil. So why is it low on oil I ask and he said the markings on the dip stick may not be accurate on all cars. So I ask if I could watch them do my next oil change and he said yes. Does any one know the truth about dip stick readings for this car or could they have short changed me on my oil change?

Thanks, Rackum

Look at your bill and see how much oil they put in!!!!

S/b 4.5 quarts if they changed the filter at the same time. The dipstick should read at or close to the F line after oil change.

If they didn't put enough in originally, you will be between the lines.

You don't know if it was a .5 quart low if it is between the lines.

There is nothing written how much oil it needs when the dipstick is at the Low mark.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I will first run my own test, and keep an eye on future oil changes to see if I’m using oil or something else is happening.

Thanks, Rackum

1 - 3 of 3 Posts