Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if I can get my 2007 LIMITED tundra to play Dvds?
when i load a DVD it says can't find Map Disc - any ideas?

·
Registered
78 Posts
The '07 plays audio and video DVDs only from the overhead DVD player, just like in previous years. My '05 DC with rear seat DVD will play AUDIO DVDs. No video up front without a 'Lockpick' from Coastal Tech.

Rich

·
Registered
37 Posts
The '07 plays audio and video DVDs only from the overhead DVD player, just like in previous years. My '05 DC with rear seat DVD will play AUDIO DVDs. No video up front without a 'Lockpick' from Coastal Tech.

Rich

You don't need a "lock pick", you can accomplish the same by grounding the parking brake wire going into the NAV unit and by putting a switch on the speed sensor wire going into the NAV unit. You can find these on the wiring diagram. Should take you a whole 30 minutes to do plus $5 in materials. I did the same on my Lexus. But you do need the factory RSES.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Even with the parkbreak on and the transmission in Park - I can't get any DVD play.
You still need the Rear Seat DVD Player. The factory NAV does not include a DVD decoder. The only way to watch dvd movies on the front screen is if you have the rear screen/dvd option and have the parking brake on and not moving.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Wow. You learn something new every day here. So you can watch an entertainment DVD in the front on the NAV while in park? Dual-screen it with those in the back? Very cool. Does this work with the factory DVD player only? For example, the port-installed DVD player is different from the factory DVD player in the Gulf States and South East regions.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Wow. You learn something new every day here. So you can watch an entertainment DVD in the front on the NAV while in park? Dual-screen it with those in the back? Very cool. Does this work with the factory DVD player only? For example, the port-installed DVD player is different from the factory DVD player in the Gulf States and South East regions.
Yes. You can even watch it while driving as long as you ground the parking brake wire and install a switch on a speed sensor wire. Your NAV will still work (via GPS reception) but it won't be as accurate since it doesn't have speed/dead reckoning input when you have the speed wire bypassed. Don't know if port installed DVD will work, I can only confirm that factory installed ones (i.e. only in the Crewmax) do.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I don't see the 07 Tundra on their compatability list.

·
Registered
203 Posts
how does one find out what wires are for the parking and what wire is for the speed sensor? Also, does someone have any pictures of how to disassemble the head unit to gain access to these wires? TIA

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Rich, Thanks for the great link. I have been looking for a way to unlock the Nav on my Escalade. These things are such a pain. My old Garmin Street pilot from 03 is so much easier to use and you can choose to have the locks on or off.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been doing some searching around, and I've found a link on how to take the dash apart to get at the nav unit. Here's a link:

http://documents.victorytechnologies.com/documents/product/99-8220.pdf

Now the question I have, is why are there different reports on what you need to do? People here have said, you just ground the park and put a switch on the speed. I assume the switch disconnects the speed making it think the car is going nowhere. Other places, have said that you need to make a or purchase this lockpick. Here's a site where the guy shows you how to make a lockpick. But what is the timer for? If you disconnect it, the car will think you're not going anywhere. but why do you need to have a timer?

2007 Toyota Tundra Installation Report by WileETundra

·
Registered
203 Posts
zpaul, you might want to hit up that guy wiletundra. His site shows that he'll make that lockpick for you for a very reasonable price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts