Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am going to post a video of this when i get my truck back. but i want to know if any1 else has this problem i own a 06 tundra. it hapens wen i come to an aggressive stop and then slightly release the brake as if maybe i thought i was going to go but then repress the break. Any other car this action would not be a problem. but in my tundra it jolts you foward and if you werent ready for it right into traffic. I am allways waitnig for it so when it happens i am ready. If this was an old car i would say it was a problem with the stall speed. I

1 i step on the brake
2 i release the break a little as a result
3 truck thinks i am about to hit gas and preempitivly slightly raises idle
4 reapply full pressure to break stall speed is now confused and ingages and bang a throw foward.

i think some where on #3 something eles happens like my fan shutting off or my altinator requiring less energy witch as a result releaves needed power to these systems and adds power to my #4 making it more than just a slight idle increase.

more like a slight throttle increas + the power from no fan + no altonator stress = a lot of extra power trying to go some where like my tires jolting me foward i can allmost make it happen on que. toyota told me i was wrong

·
Registered
330 Posts
my 02 did something similar one time, i thought i heard relays kicking in and out as well.... wierd.. hasnt done it since, like sometimes when idling the rpms will be below 1000, and ill hear a relay click, and they will jump to around 1200, then fall again

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
61 Posts
yes, my 06 does that. Im not sure if I would say its as severe as yours though. Someone posted a tranny surging thread with a similar nssue. As I mentioned on that thread, it feels like someone nudging your rear bumper. Not so much when I let off the brakes, like yours, but just a second or two after I come to a complete stop.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah I get that once in a while too. It feels like someone just bumped into it... and what sux is that you notice some behind you so close and think it's them...lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
It has something to do with a power brakes that put a load on the engine under braking and releases the load after releasing brakes,My '00 has that too but is not that severe. It's normal IMO...

·
Registered
187 Posts
My 06 DC does the same thing. I got used to it though. Have no idea what it is either.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i had a similar problem and i was able to figure out that it was my center support bearing. i posted it a fews weeks ago! 06' DC with 54k mi on it. hasn't happend since. and yes one day i jumped out of the truck thinking that someone just hit me!it worth having somone take a look for you.

·
Registered
917 Posts
It has something to do with a power brakes that put a load on the engine under braking and releases the load after releasing brakes,My '00 has that too but is not that severe. It's normal IMO...
Negatory ghost rider (Top Gun). It is a combo of axle wrap and a grease issue in the driveline. Back in the day when TS was formed this was a huge problem. Seperating the driveline and cleaning all the old grease out and using Mobile one grease. The amount to find the sweet sopt varried but most found it quickly and never had any issues. This issue was second only to the brake issue in early tundra's. If you do a search you will find plenty of info. Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum - Search Results

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Mine just ignores red lights all together! :heh:

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
61 Posts
Im happy to see its a common thing. Ill keep ignoring it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 06 AC w/off road package does the same thing at times. It feels like stalling in a manual car for a quick sec or when I come to a stop and let go of the clutch on my bike while still in first, stalling the bike (has happen). Nothing aggressive as to where it would throw the truck in traffic at a red light.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can make mine do EXACTLY as you describe if I drive like you say with my A/C or defroster turned on.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts