Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what parts are missing with this supercharger kit? I don't have a chip for it and I don't know what else??
Also, how much would any missing parts cost and how hard to get them? And I guess what these parts might be worth as a whole or even pieced out?

Thanks, JG

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't see the "water pump" idler pulley or spacer. I can't tell which fuel lines it has since they are in a bag. You may also need the double Banjo bolt. James and I are working on replacement parts to help guys like you complete their used kits.

Oh and that is the earlier single Aux. injector kit for the 2000-2002? trucks.

If you can find a decent tuner nearby, you may just want to skip the TRD ECU, and do a MAP-ECU or similar piggyback. I use the MAP-ECU2 with no problems, others have had issues with it.

·
1,768 Posts
Are u the one who won this eBay auction? I was one of the high bidders and you stole it from me :(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This looks to be the case:
Toyota Tundra TRD supercharger 4 7L V8 | eBay
Almost 4 grand and its missing parts.
I sold my complete supercharger kit for $4K with over $2000 in electronics, and gauges & sensors.
It had 3 piggybacks to choose from. Stock TRD piggyback , brand new Unichip, and the MAP-ECU2 for those who wanted to self tune.

To the buyer:
Look over my Found supercharger thread, look over the TRD installation instructions too.
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/forced-induction/188415-found-trd-4-7l-superchargers-sale-2/#post2400194
I see what is missing, but you need to read over the TRD installation instructions first.
First figure it all out and decide if you want to contact me by PM' with what you want to do and need help with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ats_scott.. do you know when y'all will be making these replacement parts you mentioned?? I may be interested in that route..?

BTF_Tundra.. no I'm the seller. My buyer kinda wigged out after he bid so high, then realized he was gonna need a few parts but never asked any questions till after the auction was done. If you're interested PM me. And I'm perfectly ok with shipping anywhere on the globe. I'm only adding that because there were several folks from Australia interested and obviously had questions and concerns regarding freight/shipping.

Can anyone give me a ballpark value on what I have here?? Thanks so very much.

Be well everyone,
Jason G in Amarillo, TX

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
.. no I'm the seller. My buyer kinda wigged out after he bid so high, then realized he was gonna need a few parts but never asked any questions till after the auction was done. Can anyone give me a ballpark value on what I have here?? Thanks so very much.

Be well everyone,
Jason G in Amarillo, TX
Hey Jason. Some comments and suggestions here.

1. Follow the advice from James and do some research on the SC to help you understand all of the components and how it goes together.

2. Your unit appears to be very clean and cared for. I presume the 10k miles is accurate for "working age and use". If it is, then a rebuild would not be required at this point.
That unit looks like a -401 that had the 9th injector setup. It was released for the 00-02 Tundra. The -601 unit was released for the 03-04 Tundra and had the 9/10th injector setup.
They can be made to fit any of those years with the proper chip on board.

3. Open your packages to reveal the fuel lines. Need to see if you have the proper lines in the kit. Also need to confirm if you have the infamous banjo bolt which is very important to the setup.

4. As mentioned, I do not see the idler tension pulley in your pics.

Value:

This is the tricky part. I have seen many buyers/sellers with issues for the TRD SC, because the buyer and/or seller do NOT know what a complete kit has/needs for requirements. Ebay has
a way of adding "emotional value" not "real value" in these auctions. As you saw, bidding went as high as $3900, which is crazy IMO for an incomplete setup. It comes down
to what the market will bear, or "who" wants it most. Real value should be in the range of $2500-3000 for a complete setup. Add some extras like James did with his unit, then of
course the value can be much higher. First, you are going to need the ECU piggyback or chip. That cost is about $700 (estimated) and does not include tuning. The SC units are rare, and some folks still want them, so, of course, value can be higher than the ranges I suggested.

Let us know how you make out with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts