Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Sirius is trying to merge with XM later this year, but I already have a Sirius tuner and antenna from my last truck and was trying to avoid having to buy a new XM tuner. The dealer wanted $699 to install XM at the port and I saw Crutchfield has the kit for $200 or so.

Does anyone know of an adapter harness such as the one for XM for Toyotas that will allow me to plug in a Sirius tuner to a Toyota? Or is the JBL headunit in the Tundras only ready for XM? Keep in mind that an FM modulator in not an option for me.....they sound terrible.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't tried it yet, but I got rid of my 2005 Tundra with Sirius to get my 2007 Tundra with nav. I was informed by Sirius when I called to cancel my service in my old truck to go to the following website for any additional help.

Sirius to Toyota - SoundGate.com

Sorry in advance if this doesn't belong here or I shouldn't be posting it, but I think it will help many in their quest to add Sirius to the new Tundra.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i got the xm option in my 07 tundra, but want sirius instead. could i just get that adapter to work off the xm tuner and antenna?

·
Registered
848 Posts
when i clicked that link it didnt say it would work with a tundra with navi ... anyone who has done this please let us know .. otherwise i will just use my starmate till the unit comes out

·
Registered
17 Posts
no it will not work...if your tundra is wired for sirius then thats the only want you can put in the ant and wiring are two total different things. the only way you can do it is buy and xm radio at circuit city or best buy or what not....its not worth buy xm from the dealers....not cars come with sirius and not xm...but they are not merging together in companies, they are merging together is market shares. so there going to be siruis and xm two different things...hoped it help if not send me a messgae and i can tell u more

·
Registered
76 Posts
received letter from xm yesterday and here's what it said quote

"Rest assured that any radios or other equipment that you currently use will be fully supported, both before and after we create the new company. In fact, following the merger, we expect that existing radios will be albe to receive a mix of programming form both services.There will be no obligation to buy a new radio. And, as always, we will honor all existing multi-year subscription plans."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts