Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I've got the money set aside to throw on a leveling kit, and get new tires (because my BFG's are COMPLETELY bald), but I wanted to see what some Tundra's with the leveling kit installed, and 33" tires. Not sure if I want to go for the gold and get the max tire size I can fit under there, or go for a 31"-32". I don't need huge tires, this is more for looks than performance. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Look in my profile, ive got a 2.5 leveling kit, with 33's BFGs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, looks good. Anyone else, possibly with crew cab? Doesn't matter too much on tire size, just trying to get an idea of what the truck will look like with certain tire sizes. Can't go too big, the wife already has trouble getting into the truck as it is, just being stock. But she's only 5' 1", so that's to be expected.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Well I had 285's which I think are close to 33"

And currently running 265/75/16s. Makes the truck seem a bit snappier and a bit better gas mileage. Still looks good though i think if you don't need max tire size. Althought I do like the look of the 285's and will probably get them for my next tires.
285 by what? The 265/75R16s are 31.65". And if they are 285/75s, they are 32.86".

·
Registered
189 Posts
I got a 3" toytec lift and 285-70-17's on stock wheels. Look in my gallery for more pictures.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
well not exactly 33's but an idea....

20"x9" XD ADDICT (6.5" bs)
275 r20 65 COOPER ZEON LTZ
3" toytec spacer lift w/ AAL

measures apprx. 32.50

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I12BHIR, I LOVE the look of your truck. I have the same model, just blue. Did you put those tires on before the leveling kit? And if so, did they rub like a *****? I need to get new tires, and I would like to get the leveling kit in before hand, but I may not be able to. Also sent you an IM just in case you don't get this.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
I'm a little past level! But on 33s. I have a prediction, your wife will have a real hard time getting in the truck!:D I had a girl who was 5'3'' rip her pants trying to get in!:D It was pretty cool where they ripped.:D:D:D
IF I were you, I would probably go with 265/75 on 16s because they get better mpgs, take less power away and honestly aren't much smaller than 285s.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
Correct, they stopped production a few years back. If you google them you can find them used pretty often. I almost got a set of the silver with red rings wrapped in bfg muds for $700. I don't recommend any of the colored rings, red turns pink, blue turns purple or baby blue. I just happened to get lucky and find these for cheap, powder coated and all. Best $1100 I've spent so far on this truck.(I got 6 for this price)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I12BHIR, I LOVE the look of your truck. I have the same model, just blue. Did you put those tires on before the leveling kit? And if so, did they rub like a *****? I need to get new tires, and I would like to get the leveling kit in before hand, but I may not be able to. Also sent you an IM just in case you don't get this.
I installed the 3" lift kit first, then got the tires. I dont think you would go very far if you did it the opposite way....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Correct, they stopped production a few years back. If you google them you can find them used pretty often. I almost got a set of the silver with red rings wrapped in bfg muds for $700. I don't recommend any of the colored rings, red turns pink, blue turns purple or baby blue. I just happened to get lucky and find these for cheap, powder coated and all. Best $1100 I've spent so far on this truck.(I got 6 for this price)
Thanks for the info .now you only need a prerunner bumper to look just like the axis tundra

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had a girl who was 5'3'' rip her pants trying to get in!:D It was pretty cool where they ripped.:D:D:D
I've never had a girl rip pants on the way into my truck, but its always fun to watch my dates get into the truck when wearing a skirt (also pays to be a gentleman and open their door to get the best view ;)). And as the motto goes 'Lift your trucks, fat chicks can't jump'

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Snover,
I dont have any pics yet but I just got my leveling kit from fatbobsgarage.com, for my 03'. ordered over the phone and the kit with 3" front spacers and 2" add a leafs was only $167 shipped!! the rears were supposed to lift 2" but only got 1.25 so I added a " block. they gave me a nice discount since the leafs didnt get the height I wanted.
Im gonna get the 285 70 17 next week, I have 265s now. I will try to get some pics posted so all can see.
I have some other goodies on the way including nerf bars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
3" leveling kit, stock 31's (for now, saving for the 33" MT's)
bull bar 2.jpg Bull Bar 1.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts