Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought a 07 Tundra with a DVD NAV system and wanted to know if it would accutally play DVD movies from the front monitor? I have put a movie in the slot marked DVD but it doesnt play. Other than the map disc what is this slot good for?

I was alos wondering if the TRD package has locking rear diff like the TRD package on the Tacomas?

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
just bought a 07 Tundra with a DVD NAV system and wanted to know if it would accutally play DVD movies from the front monitor? I have put a movie in the slot marked DVD but it doesnt play. Other than the map disc what is this slot good for?

I was alos wondering if the TRD package has locking rear diff like the TRD package on the Tacomas?

Thanks in advance

No Playback on a Toyota system but there was a bypass for the last gen Tundra Navi made from comcast Electronics not sure if that can be used on your navi:confused: I wished Toyota would dump there navi vendor and Get Hdd vs DVD ROM which is useless and Old school technology Hdd is the way to go prime reason Holds Map's software and can integrated your whole Cd collection and pick it up from voice command's My system is SO much better in utilizing features that Toyota has no clue in the overall direction there taking there Lower end Navi music system decks.

There is No Locking Diff button on the all new Tundra and No button from what i've seen is offered from the auto show's i've attended. Toyota system is automatic limited slip differential even on the 2wd tundra it's standard..

·
Registered
347 Posts
While it is true that there is no locking diff. on the Tundra, A-TRAC works surprisingly well in 4WD. It works much better than the ABLS system in the Titan.

·
Registered
91 Posts
With the nav system you can find your way around the world while navigating from Starbucks to Starbucks But not till you learn to navigate t around the navigation system Just try to remember where your favorite Starbucks are and you'll be fine:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts