Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at leasing a Sequoia and I can't find anything that specifically states whats negotiable.

I went to one dealer and they were playing games with me. You know what do you want your payment to be, instead of what are you going to sell the car to me for. I had them fax part of the contract over and they had fees such as an acquisition fee $550, gap insurance $500 and a doc fee of $270. I wanted to know what I can get lower.

Also I would like to offer the dealership $500 over invoice on the Sequoia. I have never paid more than $400. But that was on a Tacoma Double Cab Limited. The Sequoia is an almost fully loaded SR5. Everything but the navigation or video entertainment.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I am looking at leasing a Sequoia and I can't find anything that specifically states whats negotiable.

I went to one dealer and they were playing games with me. You know what do you want your payment to be, instead of what are you going to sell the car to me for. I had them fax part of the contract over and they had fees such as an acquisition fee $550, gap insurance $500 and a doc fee of $270. I wanted to know what I can get lower.

Also I would like to offer the dealership $500 over invoice on the Sequoia. I have never paid more than $400. But that was on a Tacoma Double Cab Limited. The Sequoia is an almost fully loaded SR5. Everything but the navigation or video entertainment.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Acquisition fees are typically set and non-negotiable.

You should have GAP protection on a lease, but $500 is way too high! GAP should only add a few extra dollars/month on your payment. Ask them to throw it in at "no charge." If they balk, definitley negotiate. At least get 'em to cut it in half. Another option is to check w/your insurance carrier; typically, they can add GAP to your current premium for just a few extra dollars a month.

$270 for a Doc fee is ridiculous! Tell them to waive it, or at the very most, pay 'em no more than $50.

Hope this helps, any other questions?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
acq fee is set by the bank
doc fee is set too. Lucky here in Cali, it is only 55 bucks but I have seen it as high as 595 in other states

Price and any extras are what is negotiable

There are special lease rates right now in no cal on the sequoia but you lose the rebate if you take them. so have them figure out for you which ends of being a lower payment

but remember before you start even talking about payments

have them tell you what the price of the car will be. Do not proceed until that is already set

·
Registered
263 Posts
acq fee is set by the bank
doc fee is set too. Lucky here in Cali, it is only 55 bucks but I have seen it as high as 595 in other states

Price and any extras are what is negotiable

There are special lease rates right now in no cal on the sequoia but you lose the rebate if you take them. so have them figure out for you which ends of being a lower payment

but remember before you start even talking about payments

have them tell you what the price of the car will be. Do not proceed until that is already set
Did the Doc fee go up $10 here in Cali recently? Used to be $45. I never batted an eyelash over paying the Doc fee, but I think he should try and have them lower it for him. $270 is just out of control!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Did the Doc fee go up $10 here in Cali recently? Used to be $45. I never batted an eyelash over paying the Doc fee, but I think he should try and have them lower it for him. $270 is just out of control!
it sure did, jan 1st, now 55 bucks in cali

1 - 5 of 5 Posts